About the job
Title: Creative Arts Director, Gateway in Buda
Reporting Structure: Campus Pastor directly and working with Campus Services Creative Arts Lead
Positions Supervised: None
FLSA Status: Exempt, Part-time
Mission: We are passionate about “helping people explore God and become a unified community of growing, multiplying Christ-followers.” This is not only our mission statement, it’s the mission of Jesus.
We believe that work and vocation should be deeply rooted in how we are gifted and who we are as followers of Jesus. As followers of Jesus we serve his Kingdom, whether that happens through serving coffee, working in retail, behind a desk or working at a church. We all benefit from the contributions to the kingdom, whether that’s in a vocational paid position on staff or in an unpaid volunteer role.
In all that we do, we strive for excellence, as though we are working for Jesus himself. “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters”- Colossians 3:23
With that said, our mission is not one person’s job on staff at Gateway, it is every person’s job. In fact, the highest priority and expectation of every Gateway employee is to do this mission in a personal way. To help people explore God (through invitation and volunteer recruitment) and become a unified community (through team building and spiritual care) of growing, multiplying (through deeper spiritual investment and training), Christ-followers.
Summary of Position
The Creative Arts Director is a pastoral leadership position that grows a multiplying number of creative arts (music, production, writers, dancers, designers, social media) volunteers and assists the Campus Pastor in spiritually developing a weekend experience that is inspiring and catalytic to spiritual renewal and/or spiritual awakening. It is also responsible for equipping leaders, and supporting life groups at the campus to help spiritually grow our church body. The campus role is for 20 hours per week.
- Oversee the leadership and execution of all aspects of worship and music at the Campus including Inspire Services, Worship Nights, Leadership Community, Next Gen and special ministry events.
- Shepherd, equip and empower a team of volunteer musicians and worship leaders to execute Sundays at the Campus with the goal to grow and expand in each worship and musician role.
- Manage and pastorally lead all worship and musician staff/contractors and volunteers at the Campus.
- Implement music, worship, and pastoral moments in the Inspire services created by Campus Services Creative Team.
- Move and connect all volunteers in Worship, Music, Arts, Hospitality, Stage, and Production along the Gateway connection process (Clear Simple Path) from Serving to Lifegroups.
As part of the commissioned core, both staff and volunteers are making the following four commitments to God and choosing to live them out at Gateway.
I commit to uphold unity by embracing and promoting Gateway’s mission, beliefs, and values. I will participate faithfully in our Inspire service to personally grow and to invite those I am trying to reach when the opportunity arises.
In this season, I intend to B.L.E.S.S. the following family, neighbors, co-workers, and friends:
I commit to serve with my spiritual gifts as an integral part of the body of Christ at Gateway Church. I will participate and/or lead in a group, network, or team designed to help people Grow, Heal, Belong, or Serve and to intentionally continue to grow in maturity according to the Word of God.
In this season, I commit to be intentional about my own spiritual growth and helping others grow. When I am struggling, I will be honest with my running partners, ministry team, or the staff person investing in me.
I commit to give my tithe to God through Gateway Church, and above and beyond the tithe to other Kingdom endeavors as God blesses and directs. Together, we can do so much more to bring heaven to earth than we can on our own!
- Participate on the Campus Services Creative Arts Team as needed
- Influence others through vision casting, training, public speaking, and strategically assist in organizing events of 12-75 people (i.e. leadership gatherings, alpha, break-out trainings, etc.)
- General pastoral staff functions, as needed (i.e. baptisms, staff on call, premarital counseling, etc.)
- Partnering across campuses to solve problems as needed
- Strong proficiency in worship with 3+ years leading worship in an artistic performance venue
- Proven ability to lead professional level musicians
? High level of experience around different music cultures
Proven experience pastoring, leading, and training staff and/or volunteers
Successful track record of discipleship and spiritual multiplication of groups and leaders
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred
- Must have an intimate and growing relationship with Jesus
- Must become a commissioned leader at Gateway Church (or be willing to if not currently commissioned)
- Model standards and expectations of commissioned leaders at Gateway Church
Commissioning is a cooperative effort to empower every single one of us to play our unique role in our collective movement. To be commissioned is to make a public commitment to your role and responsibility in His local body. To be commissioned is to be an owner. You identify and embrace the work God is doing in and through both you and Gateway, and you are prayed over—commissioned—as an active participant in the body of Christ at Gateway. Commissioning is completed through a journal that guides you through our mission, vision, values and beliefs. Upon completion of the journal a commissioning meeting is held with a staff member to review the journal and make the commitment to be a commissioned leader at Gateway.
Working Conditions and other information
- Sunday through Thursday schedule with added responsibilities for holidays and special events as assigned
- Required attendance at All Staff Meetings once a month.
- Easter- all hands-on deck for Saturday/Sunday services and events
- Christmas- all hands-on deck for our Christmas services (See Holiday Policy in the employee handbook for more information)
- Annual All Staff Retreat- Attend our two day All Staff Retreat. Dates are subject to change but typically fall on a Monday/Tuesday in May
- Attend all functions that we require of our Commissioned Core (i.e. Leadership Community, etc.)
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Gateway Church, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, pregnancy or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
As a religious institution, it is important that all employees of Gateway Church practice the same beliefs of the church. We therefore reserve the right to exercise this bona fide occupational qualification (BFOQ) in determining which applicants are best suited for positions at our church.
This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and the related BFOQ applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.