About the job
Title: Creative Arts Director, Gateway in Pflugerville (Austin, Tx area)
Reporting Structure: Campus Pastor with a dotted line to the Campus Services Creative Arts Lead
Positions Supervised: None
FLSA Status: Exempt, Full-time
The Mission of Gateway Church is:
“To help people explore God and become a unified community of growing, multiplying Christ-followers.”
The mission above is not one person’s job on staff at Gateway, it is every person’s job. Every employee will assume responsibility to execute the mission as an individual. In fact, the highest priority and expectation of every Gateway employee is to do this mission in a personal way. To help people explore God (through invitation and volunteer recruitment) and become a unified community (through team building and spiritual care) of growing, multiplying (through deeper spiritual investment and training), Christ-followers.
Summary of Position
The Creative Arts Director is a pastoral leadership position that grows a multiplying number of creative arts (music, production, writers, dancers, designers, social media) volunteers and assists the Campus Pastor in spiritually developing, equipping leaders, and supporting life groups at the campus to help spiritually grow our church body. The campus role is for 20 hours per week. This role also includes 20 hours of production work for all campuses including tuning vocals, mixing, mastering, song producing, and serving as part of the Creative Arts Team.
- Oversee the leadership and execution of all aspects of worship and music at the Campus including Inspire Services, Worship Nights (i.e. Seek First Team Mtgs and Worship Nights - up to 3x per year), Leadership Community, Next Gen and special ministry events.
- Become trained in and implement the Gateway (COACHing) model to raise up, shepherd, and equip a team of volunteer musicians and worship leaders to execute Sundays at the Campus with the goal to grow and expand in each worship and musician role.
- Manage and pastorally lead all worship and musician staff/contractors and volunteers at the Campus.
- Responsible for the implementation of music, worship, and pastoral moments of the Inspire services created by Campus Services Creative Team.
- Responsible for moving and connecting all volunteers in Worship, Music, Arts Hospitality, and Stage along the Gateway connection process (Clear Simple Path) from Serving to Lifegroups.
- Lead a Life Group
- Responsible for creating and leading (through volunteer leaders), a multiplying number of Lifegroups to move volunteers toward spiritual maturity. Use the discipleship-based Life Group Model to implement transferable systems, resources, and experiences that can easily be passed from one discipleship generation to the next.
- Oversee a Campus Arts Network to reach and connect musicians at the Campus. This Network should host special events to reach out to artists not already connected (i.e. workshops and training for artists and worship leaders).
- Lead the Campus with a Jesus-centered and Gateway-centric view while utilizing the Gateway multi-site practices (Decisions, Discussions, Diversities) to foster an environment of unity across campuses.
- Participate on the Campus Services Creative Arts Team as needed
- Production work for all campuses which includes pre-production (create tracks, create charts) and post-production (tuning vocals, mixing, mastering, song producing) along with teaming with others on the production team.
- Influence others through vision casting, trainings, public speaking, and strategically assist in organizing events of 12-75 people (i.e. leadership gatherings, alpha, break-out trainings, etc.)
- General pastoral staff functions, as needed (i.e. baptisms, staff on call, pre-marital counseling, etc.)
- Partnering across campuses to solve problems as needed
- Writing songs with other Creative Arts Directors and Gateway volunteers.
- Strong proficiency in worship with 3+ years leading worship in an artistic performance venue
- Proven ability to lead professional level musicians
- High level of experience around different music cultures
- Proven experience pastoring, leading, and training staff and/or volunteers
- Successful track record of discipleship and spiritual multiplication of groups and leaders
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred
- Must have an intimate and growing relationship with Christ
- Must become a commissioned leader at Gateway Church (or be willing to if not currently commissioned)
- Model standards and expectations of commissioned leaders at Gateway Church
Working Conditions and other information
- Sunday through Thursday schedule with added responsibilities for holidays and special events as assigned
- Required Tuesday attendance at all staff meetings
- Easter- all hands-on deck for Saturday/Sunday services and events
- Christmas- all hands-on deck for our Christmas services (See Holiday Policy in the employee handbook for more information)
- Annual All Staff Retreat- Attend our two day All Staff Retreat. Dates are subject to change but typically fall on a Monday/Tuesday in May
- Superbull- all hands-on deck for Saturday/Sunday services during Superbull
- Attend all functions that we require of our Commissioned Core (i.e. Leadership Community, etc.)
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Gateway Church, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, pregnancy or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
As a religious institution, it is important that all employees of Gateway Church practice the same beliefs of the church. We therefore reserve the right to exercise this bona fide occupational qualification (BFOQ) in determining which applicants are best suited for positions at our church.
This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and the related BFOQ applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.