Children’s Minister at Gateway Christian Church
Mount Sterling, KY 40353
About the job
Gateway Christian Church | 801 Winchester Road | Mount Sterling, Ky
Mission: Teaching children to know God and make him known as we reach the next generation for the kingdom of God.
Candidate must be a person who loves God and loves others. Someone who desires to see children grow in the Lord. The candidate will have a deep personal life in Christ and capacity to lead and develop a safe and growing culture in the children’s ministry that surrounds and supports the mission and vision of Gateway Christian Church.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Spiritually mature, with a good knowledge of scripture.
- Strive to have a next level ministry heart and mindset.
- Organization and administrative skill set.
- Relational skills. (Training, recruiting, and developing volunteers.)
- Must be able to lead and delegate with volunteers.
- Have a passion for outreach, reaching kids in the community with creative approaches. (VBS, camps, conferences, family service projects, etc.)
- Experienced in working with or alongside children in a management setting is
- Experience in children’s ministry is preferred.
- Candidate is preferred to have a bachelor’s degree relevant to the ministry position.
- Recruit, develop, and oversee volunteers.
- Plan, execute Sunday morning responsibilities. (Life groups, children’s church, etc.)
- Plan, execute non Sunday service events. (Mid-week programming, etc.)
- Create a ministry that aligns with the vision of the church. (Through curriculum,
teaching, techniques, etc.)
- Have a strong culture of communication.
- Create intriguing environments for children to learn more about and love God.
- Being aware of cultural trends.
- Strategically set personal goals as well as ministry goals.
- Partnering with parents to assist their children in spiritual development.
- Show interest in the children’s lives beyond church. (Sporting events, recitals, etc.)
- Communicate with children outside of church on their level. (texting, social media, mail, etc.)
- Additional ministry responsibilities as needed.