Director Of Youth Ministry at Fullerton First United Methodist Church
About the job
In alignment with the mission and ministry, the director of Youth Ministries shall oversee the faith-development of youth in our church and community.
- Design, administer and implement a Youth Program that partners with parents and Youth to foster a faith in Christ and expands participation in the program.
- Partners with parents to develop programming and ministries.
- Develop leadership among Youth.
- Publicize and communicate Youth Group activities regularly to parents, Youth, congregation and relevant church leadership.
- Maintain a schedule of at least 3 months of Youth activities.
- Recruits, trains, and supervises volunteer adult workers with Youth in compliance with all abuse-prevention policies of the church.
- Present reports on activities and programs to Church Council and attends staff meetings as required.
- Promote new groups for study, fellowship, and service within the realm of Youth Ministry including Sunday morning church services as well as youth-specific activities.
- Promote and inform youth of various relevant events and activities within the UMC, including annual summer and winter camps, young people conferences and Annual Conference.
- Represent the congregation and/or the Senior Pastor in denomination and community activities as assigned.
- Identify and prepare Youth for confirmation with the church pending youth interest.
- Maintain strong spiritual practice.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Three years prior youth worker experience preferred.
- Must be conversant in and practice the Christian faith.
- Strong team player who exhibits enthusiasm and creativity.