About the job
Purpose: Free Christian Church requires an enthusiastic, innovative and faith-centered Worship Minister who leads and supports a comprehensive ministry of music for Free Christian Church working in conjunction with the Worship Planning Team and in line with the church’s purpose, vision, values and strategic plan.
Job Role and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and vision in planning, conducting, and evaluating a comprehensive Worship Arts Ministry.
- Provide discipleship, encouragement, and care for worship team members.
Give musical direction to team members.
- Grow the team: recruit, audition, develop, and support new musicians and vocalists. Meet people who are new to FCC and keep and eye out for hidden talent.
- Raise up new leaders who can lead ensembles or other praise teams.
- Prepare annual Worship Ministry budget(s) and oversee music and music-related purchases within budget.
- Coordinate basic music equipment and A/V set-up for ministries as needed.
- Provide leadership for music for Sunday worship services including congregational singing, offertory, special music, prelude/postlude, etc.
- Lead non-musical elements of worship as needed (e.g. call to worship, prayers, announcements, etc.).
- Be present every Sunday throughout both services and fellowship time after services.
- Lead weekly worship planning meeting, reviewing past services and planning upcoming services.
- Proficiently utilize Planning Center Online for planning and coordination of worship services.
- Make preliminary selection of music for upcoming worship services.
- Schedule all participants in Sunday worship: musicians, vocalists, pray-ers, readers, communion servers, etc.
- Prepare for and lead rehearsals for Sunday worship and special events.
Other Music Ministry
- Opportunity to lead or support various choirs, bands, and ensembles (e.g. kids’ choir, youth band, bell choir, brass ensemble, etc.) on an as-needed or seasonal basis.
- Provide leadership for holidays and special events (e.g. Maundy Thursday service, night of worship, kegs and carols, etc.) and community/town events (e.g. Holiday Happenings, Andover Day) as needed.
- Provide music for weddings and funerals as needed.
- Coordinate visiting musicians (including annual Brass Band event).
- As schedule allows, provide support to other ministries that have musical aspects – (e.g. men’s/women’s breakfasts, Sr. Link, nursing homes, VBS, Alpha, prayer ministry, Transformation retreat, etc.)
- Growing Christian, mature individual with a love for Jesus Christ and who exhibits the character of a mature Christian leader
- Bachelor of Music degree or equivalent training/experience. Minimum of 5 years experience leading worship services
- Vocal, group, and instrumental expertise, including hearing and teaching vocal harmonies and reading traditional musical notation
- Awareness of current trends and developments in music/worship ministry
Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with staff and congregational members in a spirit of faith, cooperation and support
- Ability to work with a wide variety of personalities and temperaments in an encouraging, affirming and loving manner
- Organized and efficient; ability to prioritize
- High energy; self-starter with the ability to multi-task
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications. Benefits for full-time employees including health insurance, 403b retirement plan, paid vacation, holiday, and sick/personal leave are outlined in the employee section Free Christian Church policy manual and are subject to change by vote of the Board of Elders at their discretion.