About the job
What is the Forum of Christian Leaders?
The Forum of Christian Leaders (FOCL) exists to unite, equip, and resource global evangelical leaders toward the end of world evangelism and the renewal of the biblical church. Our ministry is primarily focused on Europe and consists of the following four quadrants:
• European Leadership Forum Annual Meeting: A yearly, weeklong gathering of 700 evangelical leaders from over 50 countries; held each year in Wis?a, Poland
• Forum Initiatives: Spiritual and leadership development opportunities that provide intensive, specialized training for small groups of evangelical leaders
• Forum Movement: Local and regional events organized by European Leadership Forum participants that provide training and outreach throughout Europe in native languages (Example: Eastern European Leadership Forum)
• Forum Global: Strategies that share the European church’s leadership lessons with the global church, includes online media library and free webinars (Example: FOCL Online Resources)
Many still view Europe through the lens of its Christian past. However, less than 2% of today’s Europeans identify as evangelicals while nearly 18% are atheists or agnostics. European Christian leaders are often overwhelmed and isolated. We aim to serve and encourage these leaders as they seek to be faithful to their callings.
Moreover, we recognize that Europe has enjoyed unique influence on the international stage. Many movements have European origins, including the Renaissance, the Scientific Revolution, and Postmodernism. These ideologies have shaped modern cultures, sparked global conflicts, and informed generations of leaders. We believe that to invest in Europe is to invest in the world.
Why work for FOCL?
• Serve evangelical leaders from across the world: FOCL employees connect, train, and encourage brothers and sisters from all over the globe.
• Develop a wide range of skills: Because FOCL is a small organization, employees “wear many different hats” and therefore have the opportunity to develop skills in a way they wouldn’t in a more traditional, strictly departmental work environment.
• Travel to Europe: All full-time employees travel to Poland each May to facilitate the European Leadership Forum. Many take advantage of the opportunity for personal European travel following the event.
• Join a close-knit team of fellow believers: The FOCL team is small and committed to loving and supporting one another in ways related to both work and life outside of the office.
• Grow your faith: FOCL’s work naturally provides opportunity for one-on-one and small group discussion of God and faith.
What does the Program Coordinator do?
The Program Coordinator job is considered an entry-level position. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assisting the FOCL President and the ELF Program Director as they construct the ELF program by actively participating in various planning meetings and by offering warm, professional support to assigned speakers and Network Leaders
• Collecting, storing, and distributing ELF program data in a manner that demonstrates diligence, excellence, and keen attention to detail
• Assisting in coordinating the evaluation of the ELF program to provide helpful feedback for the programming team, speakers, and Network Leaders in order to improve the program in future years
• Assisting in the creation of quality media resources and in the distribution of these
materials via various web-based platforms
• Editing various FOCL materials to exhibit proper grammar and spelling, appropriate syntax, and clear messaging
Other tasks and projects will be assigned at the discretion of the Program Director and/or President. (Read more HERE.)
Who makes a good Program Coordinator?
Applicants must possess a bachelor's degree in any field and should be:
• Warm, clear, and professional in written and verbal communication
• Interpersonally intelligent, with the ability to understand and build relationships with a wide variety of personalities
• Highly organized and attentive to detail
• Adept at systematizing a large volume of information
• Able to multi-task and work successfully in a dynamic environment characterized by constant change
• Comfortable in a background/support role
• Competent in basic office software (Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive)
• Committed to serving as a team player and (if/when able) willing to assist coworkers with projects outside of the scope of assigned responsibilities
The following are strongly preferred but are not disqualifiers:
• Education or experience in the field of Biblical studies/theology, English/communications, or international/intercultural studies
• Knowledge of evangelical Christian speakers and issues
• Experience with event/project management
What are the compensation and benefits?
The Program Coordinator position is an entry-level full-time, salaried position. Starting compensation will be based on skill level and experience. All FOCL employees travel to Europe (at FOCL’s expense) each May to administrate ELF's annual meeting. Following the event, all employees are given a week of paid vacation during which they are encouraged to tour Europe (though at their own expense). In addition, all full-time employees start out with two additional weeks of paid vacation, along with nine paid holidays. FOCL offers health (medical, dental and
vision) and life insurance benefits to all full-time employees.
Where is the job located?
This is a remote position with strong preference given to residents of the following states: AZ, FL, GA, IL, IN, KS, MI, OK, TN, and WA.
How do I apply?
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please submit the following via THIS FORM:
Please note that applications must be complete and submitted through the form above to be considered.
*If possible, please provide one sample that is formal/academic in nature and another that showcases your storytelling abilities. If you do not have writing samples that fit these qualifications, please submit two pieces that best reflect the range of your writing proficiency and style.
Contact us at email@example.com with any questions.