Associate Pastor at Foothill Community Church
About the job
Foothill Community Church’s (FCC) Administrative Pastor is the executive support for all aspects of operations at FCC. She/he will have leadership responsibility over various staff and volunteers and help with creating and executing the vision and mission of the church. He/she will also have pastoral care and discipleship responsibilities. May have the opportunity to lead in more specific ministry areas depending on experience and giftedness.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist in oversight of Sunday worship service logistics with both volunteers and professional staff.
- Oversight of office responsibilities including but not limited to: finances, tenants, small groups.
- Attend and provide leadership for staff meetings as needed.
- Regular attendance at Foothill Community Church and involvement in its ministries.
- Collaborate with the Lead Pastor in creating and casting vision for the future of the church and lead execution of the strategies developed through the process.
Oversee various ministry administration and logistics including but not limited to Small Groups, Discipleship, Adult Education, Hospitality, and Community Care.
- Preach in rotation as part of the teaching team.
- Build relationships with and provide accountability for ministry teams, volunteers, and professional staff
- Conduct one-on-ones with various staff to review and provide coaching for the execution of their job requirements, long-term planning, and their own personal and professional development.
- Assist staff and ministry teams in fulfilling their roles by developing priorities, metrics, and systems for accountability, helping with their planning and budgeting processes.
- Collaborate with Lead Pastor and Personnel Subcommittee on the hiring, positioning, repositioning, and transitioning of staff members on an ongoing basis.
- Work with Campus Manager to oversee tenant lease agreements, MOUs, and relations.
- Develop key strategies to build ministries and teams that will help reproduce and multiply the church’s efforts and further develop a deeper reach impacting our community and beyond for the Gospel.
- Collaborate with Lead Pastor, LBOA, and finance personnel to direct church financial systems.
- Work with the Lead Pastor to guide the communications and administration priorities, including but not limited to internal and external communications.
- Participate in conference training and collaborative events.
- Other requirements as directed by Lead Pastor.
Job Skills and Requirements:
- Personal conduct would be in accordance with lifestyle as described in the Free Methodist Book of Discipline.
- Ability to directly address conflict with honesty, diplomacy, and love.
- Strong verbal communication skills and ability to interact and provide direction and training for staff and volunteers.
- Ability to operate independently and creatively.
- A pastoral heart for those under their authority as well as other members of the church.
- Commitment to equality, diversity, equity, and inclusion of race, gender, socio-economic status, and political ideologies.
- A commitment to healthy and authentic interpersonal relationships, collaboration, and support of church ministries.
- Demonstrate proficiency in computer skills including Microsoft Office or Google Suite and ability to learn new software programs as required; rudimentary working knowledge of QuickBooks and Planning Center is a plus.
- Strong gifts of administration, finance, multi-tasking, and leadership.
- Movement along the Free Methodist ordination path if not already in the pipeline.
- Is a lifetime learner who pursues education through formal and informal methods. Bachelor's and/or Master's degree a plus.
- A commitment to confidentiality regarding all records, both of the church and staff, and members and attendees to FCC.
- Prior to employment, satisfactorily complete a criminal record background check.
Foothill Community Church preaches the Gospel, cares for our community, and leads people to freedom. FCC is located in Azusa, California and is part of the Free Methodist Church of Southern California (FMCSC) and the larger Free Methodist Church of the United States of America (FMCUSA). For more information see https://www.fmcsc.org/ or www.fmcusa.org.