About the job
MINISTRY & PURPOSE
Over the last 9 years at Flourishing Grace Church, our kids and family ministry has grown from a few families to now serving on average over 100 kids and students each weekend. As part our church’s vision, we are focused like never before on partnering with parents to lead kids and families into flourishing relationships with Jesus. With a core of fantastic volunteers, newly renovated nursery and mothers room, healthy ministry budgets, and a growing summer camp we are positioned for an incredible future with the right leaders in place.
The Minister to Kids and Families we are looking to hire will first and foremost love Jesus above all else in live and be fully devoted to serving His Kingdom for His glory and they will long to see children come to know Him. The Minister to Kids and Families will be able to lead with vision, working with our Minister to Students to provide a comprehensive strategy for birth through high school at Flourishing Grace. They will also be an energetic leader with great communication skills who is able to engage well with both kids and adults from the stage.
They will be a master of recruiting, training and loving volunteers who are alined with the vision and mission of FGC Kids.
This Minister will be responsible to set the direction, vision, goals, and initiatives of our mission to lead kids and families into flourishing relationships with Jesus. The Minister to Kids and Families will lead and direct the weekend Flourishing Grace Kids Ministry providing creative, engaging, safe, and age appropriate environments and teaching for all children from birth through sixth grade as well as create ministry opportunities for families outside of
Sundays. They will also cultivate events such as our monthly Bible Adventure Nights, Parenting Conference, and Summer Bible Adventure Camp for kids, and more. This minister will also be passionate about encouraging and equipping parents to lead their families Monday - Saturday into deeper lives of flourishing in Jesus.
- Lead, develop & shepherd the volunteers of Flourishing Grace Kids Ministry.
- Lead, cast vision, and direct the ministry, including budgeting, operations, family connections, strategic planning. Champion the value of kids,and families at FGC.
- Weekend gathering leadership – uphold the values of Flourishing Grace Kids, ensure safety and correct ratios, and deliver fantastic customer service, Lead environments when necessary.
- Oversee and innovate with curriculum implementation and activities for each area of ministry including new ways to partner with parents.
- Lead special events (Monthly Bible Adventure Night, family dedication, Summer Camp, Parenting Conference, etc.)
- Building Effective Teams - creates strong morale, defines success for the whole, fosters open dialogue, creates a feeling of belonging
- Energetic Communicator - comfortable in front of a crowd, brings energy to room, makes kids and adults want to love Jesus more.
- Others Focus - dedicating to meeting expectations of kids, parents, volunteers, gets first hand information, gains trust, acts with others in mind.
- Managing Through Systems - can design practices and processes which allow managing from a distance, can make things work for others without being there, creates and maintains accurate databases, builds training tools for healthy volunteer assimilation.
- Managing Vision and Purpose - communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose, talks beyond today, inspires and motivates entire ministry
- Children’s ministry/Student Ministry Leading and training volunteers Teaching children
- Managing people
- Leading through change/transition
- College degree preferred
POSSIBLE SPIRITUAL GIFTS
Reports To: Executive Pastor
Category: Full Time Minister/Director
Salary Range: $55,000 - $65,000 annually