About the job
JOB TITLE: Communications and IT Manager
REPORTS TO: Business Administrator
FLSA STATUS: Full-time, Exempt
DATE: April 2022
BASIC FUNCTION: Though each member of the First Presbyterian staff team has different responsibilities, we are all united in one mission, to spread the good news of the gospel and shepherd our church family well. The Communications and IT Manager does this through creating a greater level of awareness for the support and programming we offer and ensuring our website, social channels, media relationships and equipment are operating with excellence.
· Lead and coordinate brand awareness for the Church.
· Manage marketing, advertising, and promotion of the Church and special events through various mediums (e.g., newspaper, website, radio, television, magazine, internet, phone, etc.)
· Coordinate relationships with news outlets and develop press releases as directed.
· Update and maintain church website to include development of new branding and format to our current domain, collaborating with staff to ensure important updates are posted in a timely manner and more.
· Oversee and contribute (as necessary) to various communications, including bulletin announcements, newsletter, announcement slides, pulpit announcements, bulletin boards, posters, website, brochures, social media, mailings, phone messages, etc.
· Develop and monitor standards of use for print materials such as newsletters, bulletins, brochures, announcement slides, bulletin boards, website, social media, etc.
· Partner with appropriate team members to develop and implement communication initiatives for various ministries and events.
· Maintain and share communications calendar to manage expectations, aid in prioritization of projects and promote on-time delivery.
· Responsible for signage design and like-campus communications including parking lot, banners, building signs, etc.
· Manage information technology needs including tech support, equipment purchases, software updates, and cyber security monitoring, etc.
· Assist with the preparation of the annual budget Communications and IT and monitor expenditures monthly to ensure spending remains on track.
· Recruit and train volunteers to assist in communications-related tasks.
· Other duties as assigned.
• Vibrant and maturing faith in Jesus Christ.
• Undergraduate degree in communications, media studies, marketing, journalism, or related field preferred.
• Prefer 5 years of experience in communications and experience working in a church or faith-based nonprofit.
• Demonstration of creative leadership, and experience with brand development and implementation.
• Portfolio or examples of prior work required.
• Understanding of and commitment to the church’s mission.
• Website design and maintenance experience.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with teams.
• Personal characteristics of integrity, vision, discernment, compassion, and humor.
• Demonstrated ability to work with vendors, consultants, suppliers, and volunteer contributors.
• Organized, independent, proactive, and self-motivated.
• Ability to prioritize work, and work within deadlines.
• Relational and personable with good oral and written communication skills.
• Workflow management, multi-tasking and attention to detail.
• Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office
• Computer coding ability is a plus
• Maintain computers, printers and church app.
• Comfortable with various social media platforms including Instagram, Facebook and YouTube. Ability to understand and manage analytics and posting requirements to build following and create greater levels of engagement.
• Expertise in role specific software such as website content managers and Adobe Creative Suite).
• IT Server management experience required.
• Visual acuity with ability to see small parts, develop marketing materials and active work in front of a computer screen for long periods of time.
• Must read, speak, and write English fluently.
FIRST PRESBYTERIAN FOUNDATIONAL BELIEF:
God has called us to be His church, His body. Although we may be different, with varying gifts, backgrounds, experiences, and needs, our collective ministries are to unify us under the lordship of Jesus Christ, that He might be glorified. The Apostle Paul writes, “For just as the body is one and has
many members, and all the members of the Body, though many, are one body, so it is with Christ. For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body…” (I Cor. 12:12&13). When all the parts of the body are working together in accordance with their gifts, the Church is unleashed to be an incomparable force in the world
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/2233