About the job
Position: Assistant Director to Youth and their Families Reports to: Ministry Director to Youth and their Families
Responsibility: In partnership with leaders from the congregation and the Youth Ministry Team, assist in the development and implementation of a comprehensive program for youth ministry. This includes nurturing students in their faith in Jesus Christ, planning and executing events for the youth ministry, encouraging youth and families to worship regularly, serve generously, and provide opportunities for service both inside and outside the walls of First Presbyterian Church.
- Assist the Ministry Director to Youth and their Families with developing a vision and strategy for youth ministry within the context of First Presbyterian Church.
- Be able and willing to clearly communicate the values and goals of FPC.
- Engage in relational ministry outside the walls of the church where teens and families live, work, go to school, and play. This includes reaching out to non-Christian and non-involved students as well as discipling students within the church.
- Prepare and teach lessons to students and adults, including Bible Studies, large group messages, and Sunday School classes.
- Assist in recruiting and training adults to become active volunteers within the youth ministry.
- Plan, organize, and execute youth ministry programs and events.
- Assist in other aspects of youth ministry and other duties as assigned.
- Be an active and growing disciple of Jesus Christ.
- Passion for middle school and high school students with a commitment to seeing students grow in their faith.
- Commitment to (or willingness to develop an understanding of) FPC’s theology and ministry philosophy.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in related field), or equivalent experience.
- Experience in youth ministry, either as a volunteer or staff member, with a portion within the context of a church setting.
- Strong communication (written and verbal), relational, organizational, and computer skills including but not limited to: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Social Media, etc.
- Able to physically perform the range of various youth ministry activities.