Director of Family Ministry at First Presbyterian Church of Encion
Encino, CA 91316
About the job
General Work Week:
- 1 hr/wk Supervision/Admin
- 2 hr/wk Sunday program (Children’s Time/Supervision)
- 2 hr/wk Jesus and Me program
- 2 hr/wk Messy Church
- 3 hr/wk Prep and Misc.
Pay Rate: $25-30/hr
Vacation: 2 wks (24/hours)
1. Staff meetings (monthly)
2. Schedule and lead NextGen Children’s meetings (quarterly)
3. Schedule and lead Messy Church (quarterly)
4. Advise on the annual NextGen ministry budget Creating and maintaining policies and procedures as needed
5. Communication with Church family and parents as needed. Know how to use social media platforms and website updates to communicate with parents and children.
6. Serve as a liaison with people, organizations, and resources both within and outside the church that relate to children.
1. Overall discipleship plan with Education Committee and Pastor
a. Sunday School (curriculum)
b. Special events
2. Participate in local outreach that involves children and families.
3. Recruiting, equipping, scheduling and leading Volunteers
a. Application, background check, and interview
4. Communicate with parents, volunteers and staff with all available media. Keep parents updated on ministry strategies and plans in a way that encourages partnership, involvement and discipleship.
5. Recruitment, training and oversight of Sunday school volunteers.
First Presbyterian Church of Encion
4963 Balboa Blvd
Encion, California 91316