Next Generation Children’s Director at First Presbyterian Church of Encino
Encino, CA 91316
About the job
Looking for a creative individual who loves to work with the next generation of the church. The basics of the position are:
- 2 hr/wk Supervision/Admin
- 2 hr/wk Sunday program (Children’s Time/Supervision)
- 2 hr/wk Jesus and Me program
- 4 hr/wk Prep and Misc
Pay Rate: $20-25/hr
Vacation: 2 wks (20/hours)
1. Staff meetings (monthly)
2. Schedule NextGen Children’s meetings (quarterly)
3. Advise on the annual NextGen ministry budget Creating and maintaining policies and procedures as needed
4. Communication with Church family and parents as needed. Know how to use social media platforms and website updates to communicate with parents and children.
5. Serve as a liaison with people, organizations, and resources both within and outside the church that relate to children.
Children’s Ministry (birth-fifth grade)
1. Overall discipleship plan with Education Committee and Pastor
a. Sunday School (curriculum)
b. Special events
2. Participate in local outreach that involves children and families.
3. Recruiting, equipping, scheduling and leading Volunteers
a. Application, background check, and interview
4. Communicate with parents, volunteers and staff with all available media. Keep parents updated on ministry strategies and plans in a way that encourages partnership, involvement and discipleship.
5. Recruitment, training and oversight of Sunday school volunteers.