About the job
The Director of Music and Worship Arts is responsible for the supervision of the music staff. He/she is responsible for overseeing all musical activities of the church, with special emphasis on traditional services. The Director serves as a staff liaison to the Worship Team. He/she provides music for the traditional Sunday worship services as well as other special and seasonal services as required. The Director must support the beliefs and worship practices of First Presbyterian Church.
Since First Presbyterian Church was first founded in 1884, our church has fostered a legacy of musical excellence in worship, special holiday music programs, and musical outreach to the community and university. With two traditional services in a newly renovated sanctuary and one contemporary service in a recently constructed facility, our church averages about 400 worshippers on a Sunday
Our multi-generational congregation comes with a wide variety of faith experiences, diverse vocations, different socio-economic situations, and various musical tastes. Although we come from diverse backgrounds and situations, we are united in our desire that everything we do and say is grounded in Christ, as revealed in Scripture. We all strive to live up to our Mission Statement: "Rooted In Jesus, Growing In His Love, Branching Out to Serve Others”.
Grand Junction, CO, the largest city in Western CO, is a conglomerate of desert, farmland, mountains, orchards, a national monument, and the world’s largest mesa. This diversity of terrain lends itself to snow/water skiing, snowshoeing, trail/mountain biking and hiking and a host of other outdoor activities. Colorado Mesa University has an enrollment of over 10,000 students and offers undergraduate and graduate degrees. Many cultural activities are offered: Grand Junction Symphony; outdoor/indoor venues with varied and well-known artists; as well as many festivals with different themes: blue grass, wine, peach, lavender etc.
While working as Director of Music and Worship Arts, enjoy these benefits:
· Starting annual salary range between $50-70,000 (depending on experience and skills)
· Health Insurance (church pays 75% of staff member’s premium)
· Retirement 403b incentive program
· Reimbursed costs for continued education
· Sabbatical Leave (1 month after 7 years of service)
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Oversees the musical activities of the church, including both Traditional and Contemporary worship services.
· Schedules and oversees music on a year-round basis for traditional Sunday worship and other special and seasonal services as
· Schedules and directs rehearsals and provides leadership for all Traditional music ensembles of the church.
· Participates with the staff in the coordination of various church activities.
· Serves as staff liaison to the monthly meetings of the Worship Team.
We are looking for a candidate with these qualifications:
· A Bachelor’s degree in Church or Sacred Music
· Substantial years’ experience in conducting choral ensembles.
· Leadership and supervisory experience
· Graduate Degree: In Organ, Church, or Sacred Music
· Experience conducting handbell ensembles.
· Experience with instrumental/ orchestral conducting
Noteworthy….As a result of recent, generous gifts to Our Organ Fund, we are ready to put together a team to research multiple options. The New Director of Music and Worship Arts will lead this search team process!
For the full job description and/or to apply for this position, email [email protected]. Attach resume to apply.
Resumes and applications will be accepted after October 20th, 2023.
To find out more about First Presbyterian Church, Grand Junction, please visit: http://www.firstpresgj.org
For what Grand Junction has to offer, please visit: http://www.visitgrandjunction.com
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/3493