Youth & College Minister at First Evangelical Church Glendale
Glendale, CA 91204
About the job
Full-time Youth & College Minister
First Evangelical Church in Glendale (FECG) is looking for energetic full-time Youth & College Minister to join our pastoral team. We are seeking someone who is passionate about leading students into a vibrant faith in Christ. If you love equipping students for a life of worship and service, creating outreach opportunities, designing a comprehensive discipleship strategy tailored to middle schoolers, high schoolers and college students, and welcome the opportunity to partner with families for the spiritual growth of their children, we would love to hear from you.
We are a multi-language multi-generational evangelical church located in Glendale, CA. We have ministries in English, Mandarin, and Cantonese and desire to grow in love and gospel impact wherever we reside. We have a youth ministry of about 30 students that we would love to see grow as we minister to both students and their families. We would
We also like to develop a robust ministry to college students.
• Direct and lead “Ignite” youth ministry programming (weekly youth service, Sunday schools, prayer meetings, fellowships, discipleship groups, outreach events, retreats, and mission opportunities)
• Establish and develop a ministry to college students that can be a bridge in the transition from youth ministry to adult ministries. (Sunday school, fellowship, discipleship groups, local campus visitation, outreach events, retreats)
• Build ministry teams through recruiting, coaching, and supporting of youth and adult leaders
• Work within the whole ministry of the church to help integrate students into the life and mission of FECG.
• Build a culture of faith and family where students experience the love of Jesus and the support of spiritual friendship.
• Reach into the communities where students live to bring others to Christ. • Clearly communicate vision and build rapport with parents and students.
CANDIDATES SHOULD HAVE:
• A vibrant and genuine relationship with Jesus
• A passion for reaching students for Christ
• Evidence of leadership ability.
• Initiative and a team mentality
• Ability to make Scripture and theology accessible to students
• At least 2 years of youth or college ministry experience
• Familiarity with productivity software, technology, and various social media platforms • Cross-cultural ministry experience a plus.
• Experience in leading worship a plus.
• A bachelor’s degree
• Some formal theological training (an M.A. or M.Div. is desirable)
• The Youth & College Minister reports directly to the Senior Pastor and works with the English and Mandarin pastors to integrate families into our student ministries. • The Youth & College Minister will work alongside other pastors and staff on overlapping ministries and events.
• Participation at weekly staff meetings is required.
522 West Broadway, Glendale, CA 91204
(818) 240-5633, email@example.com