English Associate Minister at First Evangelical Church Glendale
Glendale, CA 91204
About the job
English Associate Minister
First Evangelical Church Glendale
522 W Broadway, Glendale, CA 91204
[email protected]; 818-240-5633; www.fecg.org
We are a multi-language and multi-generational non-denominational evangelical church located in Glendale, CA. We are called to “BELONG to the Father, BECOME more like Jesus, GIVE of ourselves, and GO in the power of the Holy Spirit.” We are committed to calling and discipling a new generation toward faith and life in Jesus Christ. We seek a passionate and prayerful minister who is creative and comfortable operating in a collaborative environment as a full-time Associate Pastor in our English ministry.
The English Associate Minister will play a pivotal role in shaping and executing the church's vision to grow the English ministry, creating and maintaining a vibrant Christ centered community that supports their spiritual journey. This is a full-time benefited position. The role will report to the English Pastor and require close collaboration with other ministry leaders to develop and implement strategies to make disciples across generations.
• Initiate and organize ministries including the starting of small groups, social events, and community outreach activities.
• Prayerfully develop and deliver biblical, relevant, engaging, Spirit-filled sermons that speak to the challenges and questions facing Christians today.
• Work with the pastoral staff to provide pastoral care and counseling to the English congregation, nurturing their spiritual growth and emotional well-being. • Collaborate with church staff to create ministries that engage and resonate with the emerging generation.
• Work with ministry leaders to engage the church in God’s heart for outreach and social concern.
• Identify, activate, and equip new leaders in the church.
• Engage with the members and seekers through social media, online platforms, and other digital communication tools to maintain a strong online presence and connection.
• Contribute in weekly staff meetings, prayer meetings, and other church planning meetings and functions within the purview of the position.
• Participate in the quarterly FECA Pastoral Fellowship events including an annual retreat.
• Support and assist the English Pastor in overall pastoral duties, as needed.
• A vibrant and deep personal faith in Jesus Christ.
• A theological degree (Master of Divinity preferred) from an accredited institution. • Previous full-time pastoral experience or leadership in a ministry setting, preferably with a focus on young adults.
• Ability to connect with and relate to young adults, understanding their unique needs and challenges. This includes the ability to understand and reflect theologically on contemporary cultural trends and issues.
• Strong communication skills in preaching, teaching, and interpersonal interactions. • Collaborative spirit and willingness to work in a team environment and within the church’s authority structure.
• The capacity to take initiative when necessary, drawing from the wisdom of Scripture and the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
• Proficiency in using digital tools for communication and outreach. • An ability to operate in a multi-cultural and multi-generational church family environment.
Inquiries and applications should be addressed to:
First Evangelical Church Glendale Attn: Personnel Committee
Re: English Associate Minister 522 W. Broadway
Glendale CA 91204
Email: [email protected]
Applications should include: • Cover letter
• 3 academic or ministry references