About the job
Education: Minimum Master of Divinity, ordained by accredited seminary
Payroll Status: Salaried/Exempt-Negotiated salary, housing allowance, benefits package combined for a total of $56,000.00-$64,000.00(depending upon experience) (target =40 hours per week) Generous vacation, conference and mission time negotiated as well.
Immediate Supervision: Church Cabinet
Summary: The Senior Pastor is the ordained staff member whose primary responsibilities are loving and listening, shepherding and coaching, growing the faith of both current and future members of the First Congregational Church. In addition, the Pastor will work with the members to form a stronger outreach in our community to reach more souls for Christ.
Areas of Responsibility:
· Leadership of all worship services, Biblical preaching, including any special services as determined by the Worship Team and the administration of the sacraments.
· Perform weddings and funerals of members and nonmembers (as deemed appropriate)
· Assist in providing a pulpit substitute as needed.
· Perform all functions of the Pastor in accordance with the church constitution and by-laws.
· Help the lay leadership seek, develop and communicate God's vision for the congregation
· Provide or arrange for coaching, training and equipping of lay leadership
· Encourage the development of new ministries and programs in line with the goals and mission of the congregation
· Offer vision, direction and coaching for members involved in all program areas of church life
· Become a member of the church
· Promote stewardship to meet the financial needs of the Church
· Interpret the Scriptures with an emphasis on helping people apply the Word in their daily lives
· Encourage the fellowship to read and apply God's Word for themselves and in fellowship with each other
· Supervise (and teach as called upon) the educational programs of the Church along with other church leadership in the areas of Sunday School, Youth Groups
· Teach confirmation and church membership classes as needed
· Actively seek out, identify, contact and orient prospective members
· Help the congregation and the board find ways to reach out to the immediate neighborhood and the greater community
· Work with the Outreach Team to identify and support missions both locally and globally
· Building and maintaining relationships with members and friends of the church
· Make hospital and nursing home visitations as appropriate
· Reaching out to inactive members in conjunction with Pastoral Care Team
· Offer counseling for people in times of crisis and spiritual direction to those seeking to grow their faith
· Serve as an ex-officio member of all boards and committees
· Supervise, coach and evaluate all staff members
· Oversee and act as editor for all publications produced by the church office and all church press releases
· Work with church officers and boards to ensure church records and finances are properly maintained
· Make monthly reports to the Cabinet and annual report to the membership
· Participate in local and state and/or regional ministerial associations
· Represent the congregation in the Congregational affiliate organizations
· Participate in other community organizations as it benefits the church and as time allows
· Seek opportunities for mentoring and professional development, including seminars, classes, retreats, etc.
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/2156