About the job
ABOUT FIRST CHRISTIAN REFORMED CHURCH
The First Christian Reformed Church is a healthy, multi-generational church in the Reformed tradition that has been gathering for worship for over 100 years. The congregation is led by Rev. Lambert Sikkema and supported by a dedicated and gifted staff. Now the time has come to add an ordained pastor to the ministry team, one who serves as the Director of Discipleship Ministries.
The Sunday service has been and remains foundational to the life of the congregation. Each week the congregation gathers for worship that is biblically faithful, confessionally reformed, and stylistically blended. Sunday services are complemented by dynamic ministries to children and teens, as well as Life Groups for adults.
Life Groups is a nine-week, sermon-based small group program that meets weekly to share, pray, study, support, serve and socialize with one another. The groups discuss how Sunday’s message plays out in real life, pray together, and essentially walk-through life together. Not only are participants growing deeper with one another and in their relationship with the Lord, they reach out into the community through a variety of Serve Projects.
ABOUT THE ASSOCIATE PASTOR - DIRECTOR OF DISCIPLESHIP MINISTRIES:
The Associate Pastor will serve as the Director of Discipleship Ministries. He will provide support and direction to the congregation both in terms of shepherding the flock and in empowering the congregation to minister to the least, the lost, and the last. The Director of Discipleship Ministries will focus specifically on the role of faith-formation in the congregation and mission outreach to the community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preach regularly in conjunction with Lead Pastor.
- Provide pastoral supervision and oversight to all youth related ministries.
- Provide leadership to develop a comprehensive, sustainable Congregational Care Team ministry program.
- Oversee the Life Group leadership team responsible for all facets of this program.
- With Lead Pastor identify, agree upon, and implement “Ministry Objectives” addressing individual ministry purposes and needs.
- Coordinate planning for and supervise execution of missional events, programs and projects in the community that specifically involve the youth (through 12th Grade).
- Professing and maturing Christ-follower committed to the Reformed expression of the Christian faith.
- Shares First CRC’s mission and vision and motivated to help others live out the congregation’s core values.
- Loves the local church and dreams regularly of all God meant it to be. (Acts 2:17).
- Highly skilled, as well as adaptable and able to work in a variety of ministry areas.
- Ability to work with and lead adult volunteers.
- Self-starter able to create and /or build-on to mission focused initiatives which expand the kingdom.
- Excited to partner with Lead Pastor and other staff in the process of faith-formation in disciples.
- Able to teach the Gospel in a clear and engaging manner.
- Able to articulate and teach the theological tenets of the Christian Reformed Church.
- Enjoys working with people of all ages.
- Skilled teacher and trainer.
- Master of Divinity degree from an accredited seminary or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ordained (or prepared for ordination) by the Christian Reformed Church in North America (or by a similar denomination in the Reformed tradition).
To apply, please fill out the fields below including the attachment of your resume.
Your completed application will be reviewed in a timely manner.
We have been following guidelines offered by California officials.