About the job
Position Available: Associate Pastor of Youth
Church: First Calvary Baptist Church
Location: Leesville, SC
Located in Lexington County, South Carolina – one of the fastest growing areas in the state. First Calvary is situated near Gilbert Schools, Lexington Schools, and Batesburg-Leesville Schools plus numerous private schools. The area is projected for continued growth with new neighborhoods popping up in every direction within minutes of our church.
First Calvary has a fantastic culture. Visitors and new members comment on receiving a great welcome, a family feel and the love they receive from our church. Our staff culture is very much the same. Our staff loves working together and it shows. We are looking for a team player to fill this position. The ideal candidate will have a heart for the entire church and will be gifted in discipling students, parents, and youth leaders. Ideally this individual will handle duties typically performed by an associate pastor in support of the senior pastor. This ministry currently has approximately twenty students. We are praying for the right person to take this position to the next level.
· personal, growing relationship with Jesus Christ
· called to ministry with a passion for students, their families, and the church
· team player with a teachable spirit
· committed to training the next generation to make disciples who make disciples
· believe and adhere to the Baptist Faith and Message 2000
verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work and serve with others
· experience in Christian ministry
Duties include but are not limited to:
· Assisting in any areas of the church’s pastoral functions as requested by the Senior Pastor.
· Attend Staff Meetings as directed by the Senior Pastor.
· Provide leadership and coordination to the Youth teachers/leaders.
· Provide leadership for planning, coordination, and implementing of a comprehensive ministry for the Youth (grades 6-12), involving discipleship, outreach, evangelism, music, and recreation.
· Plan and coordinate with the senior pastor an ongoing ministry of missions locally, domestic, or foreign.
· Plan and coordinate events involving youth and their parents to inform/educate them on the activities/functions of the youth ministry and to solicit parent assistance and encouragement.
· Plan a strategy for reaching the unchurched youth of our community.
· Plan special events.
· Use social media to help church members stay connected to youth/young adults ministries.
Full-time position and salary is commensurate with experience and education.
This position description is not intended, and should not be construed, to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the essential job duties.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
J. Mendle Baker
First Calvary Baptist Church
803-892-3259 Church Office
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/2075