About the job
First Baptist Church Pocomoke
204 Fourth Street, Pocomoke City, Maryland
Email: [email protected]
First Baptist Church Pocomoke is a conservative, Christ-centered, gospel driven fellowship of believers located in beautiful southern Maryland. Our mission statement is to help people navigate life as found in a personal relationship with Christ.
First Baptist is seeking a senior pastor willing to:
· Lead and grow the church body in its goals to worship and glorify God and disciple the believers
· Faithfully shepherd our congregation and equip us for the work of the ministry
· Provide pastoral care for our flock
· Evangelize the lost in our community and throughout the world
· Provide a consistent testimony of a personal redemptive relationship with God through faith and belief in Jesus Christ. Give evidence of a daily walk of prayer, Bible study, and demonstrate an ability to win others to Christ
· Preach one weekly service and participate in church functions
· Train, equip, and lead the church in evangelistic outreach ministries and participate in mission activities
· Serve as the chief administrator of the church to assure coordination and efficiency of the church staff, committees, and their functions. Provide guidance to and serve as mentor for church leaders.
First Baptist is located on the Delmarva Peninsula, between the Chesapeake Bay and the Atlantic Ocean. The area is a paradise for beach lovers, hunters, fishermen and those who love a simple, coastal, and laid-back way of life. It was founded in 1854 and remains an important part of the community.
Fulfill the pastoral requirements of 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9, and 1 Peter 5:1-4
Affirm full belief and support of the Baptist Faith and Message 2000
Preferably hold a master’s degree from a Southern Baptist University and or Seminary.
Recent Seminary graduates are encouraged to apply.
The complete job description is available upon request at [email protected] with instructions for applying. If interested in being considered as a pastoral candidate, please send your resume and sermon links to the email address to begin the process of consideration.
Compensation: TBD based on a combination of qualifications, education, and experience.
Church email: [email protected]
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/3144
First Baptist Church
204 4th St
Pocomoke City, Maryland 21851
First Baptist Church