About the job
First Baptist Church Pasadena has two open positions for a Nursery Worker on Sunday mornings, 8:45 AM - 12:30 PM. Pay is $15 per hour.
To provide dependable, safe, secure, and nurturing care to the children ages 0-4 years in a clean environment while at our Church .
Provide age-appropriate care which includes: feeding, changing diapers,
escorting to the bathroom, maintaining a safe environment, holding or sitting with and cheerfully interacting with children through games, stories, play and prayer.
- Be polite, friendly, and courteous to all children, parents, and volunteers.
- Arrive on time. Child care hours include every Sunday 8:50 AM to 12:30 PM. You will have the option to work other church events, i.e. Easter, Christmas, Vacation Bible School, etc.
- Stay until the children are secured with a responsible adult named on the child’s registration
- In the event of an emergency, notify the parent and Family Pastor.
- Straighten the room and clean any toys/beds before leaving.
- Report to the Family Pastor any issues which are hindering your ability to carry out of the duties
- Communicate in advance, by phone to the Family Pastor: 1) any planned absences with
an advance two week notice, or 2) any unplanned absences at least two hours prior to the shift.