About the job
The mission of the Children’s Ministry at First Baptist on the Square is to direct children and their families to Jesus Christ and grow them spiritually. The Children’s Pastor/Director is responsible for all aspects of ensuring the spiritual growth and development of children ages K through 5th grade. This includes curriculum selection, volunteer recruitment and development, classroom management, resourcing parents, and operational management necessary to ensure successful, continuously improving weekend children’s services, midweek children’s services, and periodic special events (VBS, etc.). Will work under the supervision of the Family Pastor in rhythm with First Baptist Church on the Square’s Family Ministry strategy, doctrine, mission, and vision.
Kindergarten through 5th grade children are motivated by fun, and are wondering if they have our attention, if they have what it takes, and if they have friends. The Children’s Pastor/Director engages the needs of K-5th graders and their families through fun-filled environments and special events that connect children to Biblical wisdom, God’s character, and God’s family. The Children’s Pastor/Director acknowledges and equips parents as the primary disciple-makers in their children’s lives, helping them grow in their devotion to Jesus Christ.
Training and Experience:
• Previous experience as a Children’s Pastor/Director or at least 4 years of experience working with children in a ministry capacity.
• Experience developing and delivering Bible-based messages tailored to children.
• Experience in recruiting, scheduling, and managing staff/volunteers as well as staff/volunteer relations.
• Hold a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in a related field. A Seminary degree is preferable, but not required.
Specific Children’s Pastor/Director Responsibilities:
• Encourage and equip every parent and guardian to be the primary disciple-maker in their own home.
• Design innovative opportunities to help every parent stay connected to the church and make memories that will influence their child toward someday raising their own children in church
• Energize FBC families and church members around children’s ministries.
• Create a strategic plan to keep all programming and teaching Gospel-centered, relevant, and engaging for children.
• Create an age-appropriate plan to engage kids in ministry and service opportunities.
• Implement a system to recruit and develop Children’s Ministry volunteers, leaders, teams, and staff.
• Train adult leaders to co-lead with teenagers.
• Serve as the primary teacher for weekly children’s worship gatherings while developing a volunteer teaching team.
• Manage group structure to connect children relationally with peers and leaders and to create support systems that help children thrive.
• Be active at local schools investing in teachers and the administration.
• Engage with community partners to reach children in the community for Christ and to provide ministry opportunities for children at FBC.
• Manage budget and resources needed to make Children’s Ministry successful.
• Adhere to and encompass the qualities and characteristics required of First Baptist Church on the Square employees, as defined by the Staff Handbook.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
To apply email your resume with a cover letter and all social media links to [email protected].
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/3607