About the job
The Senior Pastor is responsible for the overall leadership and direction of church staff (other than the Senior Pastor), leading all functional areas in the accomplishment of the church’s mission. This includes educational organization, outreach, pastoral care, family-life, young adults, student, and children’s ministry areas, as well as strategic planning, finance, administration, human resources, and operations, and facilities maintenance.
The Senior Pastor of First Baptist Church is responsible for providing spiritual leadership and support to the church congregation and the wider community through evangelism and edification. He must follow the Baptist directives of accepting the Holy Bible as the sole authority for faith and practice the ordinances of the church; baptism by immersion and the Lord’s Supper. The Pastor will encourage all believers to develop as disciples of Jesus Christ, including church membership, the Christian discipleship, and Biblical stewardship.
· Education – minimum of Master’s degree in Theology from accredited seminary or currently completing a Masters’ degree in Theology verified and completed within one year of the date of hire.
· Ordained – as a minister of the Gospel.
· Previous experience – possess a minimum of five (5) or more years of experience as an Associate or Senior Pastor.
. Demonstrated competence – in management, communications (oral and written), interpersonal relations with the congregation and secular community.
· Demonstrated ability – to work with a diverse population (racial, gender, age, cultural, socioeconomic).
· Preaching – minimum three (3) years of active experience preaching the Word of God.
· Pastoral counseling – confidence and discretion in giving Biblical counsel.
· Evangelism – provide consistent, courageous, fruitful practice of sharing the Gospel.
· Provide guidance – in developing and executing programs for the Church through healthy spiritual growth.
For the complete job description and to submit your resume, please visit http://formstack.com/forms/?1757976-8b34lUwcVO