Associate Pastor of Creative Arts and Community Life at First Baptist Church of Redlands
Redlands, CA 92373
About the job
Primary Responsibilities for this position:
- Music: organize and coordinate all the various aspects of the music ministry, such as choir, worship team, special music, drum circle, organ etc.; lead specific musical groups as appropriate; plan for special musical events to occur throughout the year; include children and youth in the music life of the church; invite others into music ministry; and help train and mentor musician volunteers
- Worship Service: plan special music and coordinate artistic offerings (e.g. drama, dance, video, or other visual arts) for Sunday worship that will make the service more meaningful and inspirational and make people excited to come on Sunday; help improve our online presence; and work in conjunction with staff members and lay leaders to help our worship service continue to build on richness of traditional songs and forms while bringing in the vitality of fresh new ideas
- Events: plan engaging events that make both church members and the wider community excited to come to the church campus; and help develop ideas to utilize our church campus in new ways that draw others in and bless our community
- Connection: personally get to know the members of the congregation and draw out their gifts; encourage artistic expression and growth in faith; help members build and strengthen relationships with one another across generations; and build relationships in the wider community that can help our church connect and partner with others in a way that attracts new people into our family
- Finally, all staff members are expected to be contributing members of a team that completes the day-to-day work necessary for The First Baptist Church of Redlands to accomplish its mission and ministry.
Our current Covid-19 policies are that masks are worn for all indoor activities. The current staff is fully vaccinated and boosted.