About the job
The purpose of the Director of Worship Arts is to develop and oversee the weekend worship experience and special programs throughout the year to connect people to a deeper relationship with God. This will be accomplished by working closely with the Lead Pastor, staff, and church leadership to provide relevant music selections, oversee church musicians, special guests and an environment where people can encounter the Spirit of the living God and learn from the teaching of God’s word.
Duties and Responsibilities
· To recruit, equip, empower, and supervise volunteer and contracted musicians
· To lead worship during weekend services and special services throughout the year
· To develop worship service plans and programing for weekends and special worship services
· To establish and maintain a rehearsal schedule for vocalists and band
· To lead worship at weekend services and special worship services
· To develop and oversee the recruiting process for vocalists and musicians
· To provide spiritual leadership for team members for their spiritual growth
· To provide pastoral care as needed to worship team members
· To work with the A/V team to facilitate the integration of technology in worship
· To work with artists in the church to facilitate the inclusion of other various art forms in worship
· A person in agreement with the church Mission Statement, Core Values, and Vision.
· A person passionate about serving the Lord by serving others.
· A person passionate about equipping and empowering others to use their gifting.
· A demonstrated calling to minister through music.
· The ability to adapt for a specific audience, occasion and/or medium.
· Experience with or willingness to be trained in Planning Center, PowerPoint, social media and other worship related technology.
· Project management skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to work closely with Lead Pastor, other staff, volunteers, and church leadership
· The ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
· At minimum a bachelor’s degree in music or related discipline.
· At minimum 2 years leading worship in a church setting.
· Experience with or willingness to be trained in ProPresenter and video stream.
Classification, Compensation, and Accountabilities
· Employment Category: Hourly / Part-Time
· Hours: Average hours 20 – Sundays required, remaining work hours are flexible
· Pay Range: $22 – 27.50 per hour.
· May work from home some of the time
· 2 weeks’ vacation/year
· Paid holidays and sick leave per personnel handbook
· Reports to Lead Pastor