About the job
Purpose of Worship Ministry
The purpose of the worship ministry in this church is to glorify God by making disciples of Jesus Christ. This will be done through celebrating the Lord in worship, helping others in ministry, reaching the unsaved with the gospel, interceding on behalf of others, sharing together in fellowship, and training in God's Word to live holy lives.
Description of Tasks
1. Oversee all choral and instrumental music groups
Plan, lead, and oversee all church vocal choirs and groups
Oversee and be responsible for all choir resources
Oversee and maintain all musical instruments
Plan, lead and oversee all orchestral and music groups
2. Develop an annual budget plan for the Worship Ministry
3. Work with the pastor in planning/overseeing all church worship services and special programs
4. Partner with Media Ministry to develop and maintain a quality worship environment in live, online, broadcast, and other settings
5. Develop and oversee all music staff
Recommend and supervise music ministry intern & resident personnel
Recommend and oversee all supplemental music staff
6. Establish and cultivate mission and outreach opportunities relevant to the worship ministry
7. Develop and train members of the congregation for maturity and ministry
8. Meet with pastoral staff on weekly basis for prayer, encouragement, instruction, and accountability
1. Personal testimony of having received Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
2. Evidence of leadership, musical, and ministerial ability through previous experience, responsibilities, and education.
3. A heart to care for and guide people in their walk with God.
4. Evidence of ability to effectively function within the ministry team.
5. Ability to use relevant technology, software, and apps related to duties of both office and worship ministry.
6. Ability to lift equipment and items related to the needs of the worship ministry.
Requirements for Application
Please email the following items to [email protected]:
1. Resume detailing your professional experience and education.
2. Cover Letter
3. Statement of Ministry Philosophy
4. Link to a YouTube, Vimeo, etc link displaying a video of you leading worship.
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/3589