Pastor of Youth and Family at First Baptist Church of Greenwood, IN
About the job
First Baptist Church of Greenwood, IN
99 W. Main St.
Greenwood, IN 46142
Pastor of Youth and Family Ministries
Full Time Pastoral Position
First Baptist Church of Greenwood, IN (FBCG) is an American Baptist Churches USA church seeking a Pastor of Youth and Family Ministries, (PoYF). The PoYF will seek to encourage and nurture all children, young people and their families providing them with worship events, service projects, and fellowship opportunities in order to enrich them in the Christian Faith and relationship with Jesus Christ. The PoYF is also responsible for coordinating Christian Education for all age levels of the Church and is the staff representative for the Congregational Care Ministry Team.
Accountability and Support
The PoYF reports to the congregation of FBC-G, is supervised by the Senior Pastor, and will participate in:
· Scheduled meetings with the Senior Pastor;
· Weekly All-Staff meeting;
· Monthly Ministry Team and Diaconate meetings;
· Quarterly congregational meeting; and
· Annual ministry and performance review with Senior Pastor
The successful candidate will:
· Have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, from a nationally accredited college. Preference given to those with 3 years of youth and family ministry experience in a multi-staff, multi-generational church and/or with credits toward a Masters of Theology or Master of Divinity Degree with emphasis in Christian Education.
· Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills;
· Be familiar with social media platforms and their effective use in youth and family ministry;
· Be willing and able to create and manage teams of people to oversee this area of ministry; and
· Demonstrate basic skills with computer programs and apps.
· Seek God’s vision for student and family ministries at FBCG, and provide leadership and guidance in order to carry out that vision.
· Support the Congregational Care Ministry Team in its mission and responsibilities, including developing activities and programming for all age levels of the Church such as: VBS/church camps, Church-wide outings, Sunday School, conventions, conferences, and other events, as well as fundraising if needed.
· Have supervisory role of all Sunday School teachers, Home Group/Small Group instructors, Nursery Care attendants and Youth Leaders.
· Develop outreach programs to encourage the growth of God’s Kingdom and our church.
· Direct the Children’s Church services.
· Be present each Sunday to assure program runs smoothly and provide support for teachers.
· Recruit, train, support and do background checks on all youth/family volunteers.
· Have a working knowledge of providing safe, secure environments for children and their families.
· Select educational, curriculum and program materials, equipment and supplies for church programs.
· Seek out educational conferences/opportunities for self and volunteers/leaders in order to foster growth and effectiveness of the ministry.
· Collaborate with other leaders of American Baptist Churches USA as well as ecumenically within our community.
· Perform any additional related duties as assigned by the Sr. Pastor.
· Hold regular office hours to be available to Church families.
· Maintain records of Youth and Family Ministry programs and attendance.
· Provide information to keep website current.
· Work with other staff to keep classrooms, nurseries, Sunday School office, and VBS/games room organized and stocked with supplies.
· Work with the Congregational Care Ministry Team as well as the Financial Stewardship Team in creating and maintaining budgets.
· Communicate on a regular basis with the Congregation to keep them informed and promote activities.
· Maintain regular practice of prayer, worship, study, and service.
· Offer Pastoral Care and counseling to Youth and their families when needed.
· Occasionally, be called upon to preach on Sunday mornings.
Salary and Benefits
· This is a full-time position with a salary range and benefits commensurate with education and experience.
· Four weeks of paid time off.
· Two days off each week (not Sunday).
· Housing Allowance option.
· Retirement contributions of 16% to the Ministers and Missionaries Benefits Board, (MMBB.)
· Social Security offset in the amount equal to one half of the self-employment social security tax which is 7.65% of taxable FICA wages.
· Professional Expense Allowance of $1,000.
· Health insurance is not provided.
To apply, please email your resume/CV, any video links to: firstname.lastname@example.org