About the job
The pastor shall meet the spiritual qualifications as outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, 1 Peter 5:1-4 and Acts 6:4. We require a candidate who practices and preaches the unadulterated word of God, is a model of and promoter of a strong prayer life and whose beliefs are consistent with the Southern Baptist Faith and Message 2000. We are seeking a visionary with strong leadership skills who will enhance Christian development for the membership and strive to increase the Kingdom of God. The pastor shall be able to relate to and minister to the congregation and represent the congregation within the community.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
• Exercise decisive leadership of the church to achieve the church’s mission and vision.
• Serve as the primary preacher for all worship services including performance of baptisms, and officiate the Lord’s Supper, weddings and funerals.
• Oversee the pastoral care needs of the congregation and, as necessary, share with ordained staff in hospital visitations, home visits and counseling.
• Provide leadership in planning and executing small group programs for all age groups.
• Oversee and execute the administration of the church through appropriate staff and leadership teams.
Evangelism & Missions
• Champion church growth by supporting missions both locally and globally.
• Integrate a multi-generational congregation.
• Lead in outreach for the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the local community.
• Strive to convert all to the Christian faith and then provide for their instruction and growth in the faith of the Gospel.
Pastoral and Ministerial Expectations
• Demonstrate a high priority of personal devotion to the Lord and a love for Jesus Christ.
• Demonstrate a strong prayer life that focuses on reliance of God and love for others.
• Lead disciple efforts to encourage and challenge believers to grow deeper in their knowledge of Jesus.
• Review candidates for membership.
• Initiate church discipline.
• Provide pastoral and biblical counseling to members and dedicate time for counseling.
Administrative and Leadership Expectations
• The pastor is responsible for strategic goals and visions in the execution of the church’s mission to include coordinating and leading meetings with staff, deacons, and committees to monitor the spiritual pulse of the congregation.
• Recommend the creation of ministry teams/committees.
• Review and evaluate studies for major church expansion plans with staff and appropriate committees.
• Review ministerial staff requirements and approve additional staff positions in conjunction with the Personnel Committee.
• Serve as an Ex-Officio member of all boards, committees and organizations of the church.
• Delegate assignments among staff, deacons and church members within the congregation.
Interested candidates shall apply via the link at:
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/3260