About the job
Associate Pastor of Worship
First Baptist Church of New Lebanon (FBCnl) is a growing church affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention in the village of New Lebanon, Ohio, with an average Sunday attendance of 350.
We exist to glorify God by working together to make disciples who change the world.
We believe our chief purpose and greatest joy is found in glorifying God. We hold to the sufficiency and authority of Scripture. We believe the role of our ministry staff is not to do gospel ministry on behalf of others, but to equip God’s people for gospel ministry (Ephesians 4:12-16).
Our Sunday morning worship services currently average 275 (adults and students). Our gatherings include prayer, singing, Scripture reading, and expositional teaching from God’s Word. We desire our gatherings to lead people to celebrate and respond to the gospel.
Our music is led by a band and fuses both sacred hymns and the new songs.
The music we often sing is from:
· Shane and Shane
· The Worship Initiative
· Phil Wickham
· The Gettys
• Clear testimony of salvation
• Evidence of a growing relationship with Jesus, a teachable spirit, faithful in prayer,
and the study of God’s Word
• A personal passion to equip the saints (Ephesians 4)
• A personal passion to make disciples
• Meets all the qualifications of pastor/elder (1 Timothy 3, Titus 1, 1 Peter 5)
• Aligned with the doctrine, mission and vision of FBCnl
• Preferred – at least a bachelor’s degree in ministry
• A record of leading in faithful and fruitful ministry
• Gifted in leadership
• Gifted in leading worship vocally
• Ability to lead worship with guitar
• A working knowledge of sound and lighting equipment
• Experience in industry software applications preferred (Planning Center, ProPresenter)
• Desired – knowledge in video/live-streaming and graphic design
• Willing to lead certain discipleship ministries within the church depending on gifting and need
Summary of Worship Ministry Responsibilities
• Work with lead pastor to develop gospel-centered worship gatherings.
• Oversee the music for all worship gatherings and special events (students and adults).
• Lead and disciple the team of band members and vocalists in weekly practices and rehearsals.
• Develop a process for new band members, vocalists, and A/V volunteers to join the worship ministry.
• Coordinate with A/V team regularly to assure quality sound and video/visuals for each presentation.
• Oversee training and scheduling of A/V volunteers.
• Manage budget of worship ministry.
• Fulfill pastoral duties as needed.
*For more information about the ministry of FBCnl or to listen to recent sermons, visit fbcnl.com.
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/2285