About the job
(Currently this is a bi-vocational position with a salary package of $30,000/yr with the hope of upgrading to full-time in the next few years.)
Job Description: Family Pastor Part-time, Exempt, Salaried
The purpose of the Family Pastor is to lead and oversee an effective and comprehensive ministry that disciples, equips and supports the marriages and families of the church and community, in accordance with the overall vision and philosophy of ministry for First Baptist Church Jackson.
· Oversee relational, engaging discipleship ministries to children and youth:
1. Manage/coach the Early Childhood Ministries Director/team.
2. Manage/coach the Children’s Ministries Director/team.
3. Manage/coach the Youth Ministries Director/team.
· Lead ministry initiatives that prepare, equip and enrich couples in marriage; build a team of marriage mentors and volunteers to help shepherd engaged and married couples; create relevant events and initiatives on practical issues of life that will enhance the spiritual and relational growth in marriage.
Coordinate the planning and implementation of an effective parent ministry.
Provide biblical counsel to individual students, families, and volunteer staff as needed.
Prepare and manage respective ministry budget.
Organize and oversee volunteer schedules of respective ministries.
Represent the interests of family ministries at meetings as needed.
Oversee any Foster/Adoptive Care ministries of the church.
Perform any additional pastoral duties delegated by the Senior Pastor.
Directly accountable to the Senior Pastor
Oversees all Early Childhood, Children’s, Youth, and Marriage Ministry volunteers
Interacts closely with other pastors and directors
· Demonstrates the qualifications of a pastor as outlined in 1st Timothy 3 and Titus 1
· Engaging interpersonal skills; able to recruit, train and organize teams, volunteers, leaders and staff
· Detail-oriented; can administer and build on complex systems
· Self-motivated, not needing micromanagement
· Works well with a team; demonstrates effective leadership through teams and effective at delegation
· Able to effectively communicate with a variety of people and audience sizes
· Able to problem solve and resolve conflict
· Demonstrate a commitment to goals, strategies, and doctrinal statements of FBCJ
· Experience in leadership and faith development
· Proven track record of organizational skills in developing and carrying out objectives to completion
· Willingness to be a life-long learner and receive ongoing training
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree from accredited college or university
· 5 years of relevant church or para-church experience
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/1538