About the job
· To provide leadership, development, and oversight of the Children’s Ministry (babies – 5th grade) and its staff/volunteers as it pertains to the vision, mission, and strategy of FBC Grandview.
· To promote a biblically based lifestyle among children while encouraging the development of the Christian disciplines of Scripture memorization, prayer, personal Bible reading, worship, and giving.
· To provide children opportunities for ministry leadership, outreach to the community, and participation in mission activities.
· To minister not just to children, but also to their families through encouraging and equipping families to make disciples in their own homes.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Pastor
1. A growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ, evidenced by action, attitude, and behavior.
2. A love for children and a passion for seeing them come to faith in Jesus Christ.
3. Ability to relate to children and their families and to encourage their spiritual growth.
4. Effective communication skills—written, verbal, and interpersonal.
5. Strong leadership and organizational skills.
6. Christian professionalism in appearance, words, and actions.
7. Willingness to embrace change, innovation, and creativity.
8. Skill of enlisting, equipping, and leading staff/volunteers to teach and minister to children and their families.
9. Ability to develop children’s ministry programs based on the needs of the children and their families.
10. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
11. Seminary degree desired.
12. At least two to three years children’s ministry experience desired.
Provide vision, strategy, development, and direct oversight in all Children’s Ministry environments (birth – 5th grade).
Create programming and activities for each age group that will facilitate learning and encourage spiritual growth including, but not limited to Sunday School, children’s choir, Wiggle Worms, FBC Kids, VBS, and summer camp.
Develop and oversee special events such as the Fall Fun Fest and Parents Night Out.
Fully embrace the mission, vision and values of the church and its ministries.
Make FBC Grandview a safe and welcoming environment for children. Maintain background checks on all volunteers.
Maintain current attendance records, adding new children and their families to the database.
Provide care for children and families within the church including visits, contacts, and follow-up.
Communicate consistently with parents.
In coordination with other ministries of the church, equip parents to fulfill their calling as the primary spiritual leaders of their children.
Establish and maintain a strategy for reaching and assimilating new children and families.
Provide regular fellowship activities for the children and families of the church and community.
Provide regular outreach opportunities for the children and families including regular visits to the nursing home.
Coordinate with the Children’s Committee in planning major events and fundraisers, and to ensure that the ministry supports the overall vision of the church.
Work in conjunction with the Pastor and Children’s Committee to determine short-term and long-term goals for the ministry, and in the development of appropriate policies and procedures.
Write a monthly article for the church’s newsletter.
Coordinate with the Childcare Coordinator and paid childcare workers as necessary for church events.
Enlist, train, coordinate, and support volunteers.
Effectively manage the budget and make recommendations for children’s ministry line items.
Acquire and maintain any needed supplies.
Coordinate activities with the Children’s Day Out (CDO) director as needed.
Perform other duties as assigned by the Pastor.
Deal with conflict based on Matthew 18:15-17
Participate in weekly staff meetings as well as regular meetings with the Children’s Committee.
Maintain personal spiritual development through church attendance, Bible study, prayer, and giving.
Live a life above reproach; abstain from any activity or behavior that does not exhibit a godly lifestyle.
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/2425