About the job
Role Profile - Legacy Pastor
The Legacy Pastor at First Assembly DeLand exists to serve the children and youth (grades K-12) of our community. This role is the primary staff member responsible for creating continuity between our children’s programs, youth ministries, student age boy’s and girl’s ministries and student outreach activities.
Live the Vision, Mission, and Values of First Assembly DeLand as a positive representation of Christ in the church and community.
Train and recruit volunteers for efficient implementation of church student programs.
Administer and plan numerous student programs including, but not limited to, weekly services, evangelism, retreats, and Bible study sessions.
Provide counseling to students and parents to help them realize their individual goals.
Coordinate with parents of students regarding their children’s involvement and participation in the church.
Assist in organizing and compiling of Sunday school curriculum.
Develop students to be future faith-filled leaders and set up programs to facilitate spiritual growth.
Participate and contribute to staff and church meetings.
Develop and maintain effective relationships with various leaders in the community for the purposes of executing outreach programs.
Additional duties as assigned or requested by the Senior Pastor.
· A lifestyle congruent with the biblical requirements for leaders (1 Tim. 3:1-13; 2 Tim. 2; Titus 1:5-9).
· A growing Christian faith and character.
· Understanding of and willingness to serve within the doctrinal commitments of the church.
· A commitment to the mission of the church.
· 4 year degree form an Assemblies of God approved university with an emphasis on Pastoral Studies.
· Experience in ministering to students (grades K-12) and shepherding youth ministry volunteers.
· Strong ability to lead people of varying ethnicities, socio-economic levels, and generations.
· A desire to teach and mentor students in biblical truth.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to pass a background check.
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/3683