Director/Pastor of Children’s Ministries at First Alliance Church
About the job
First Alliance Church (Erie, PA) – Director/Pastor of Children’s Ministries
The Big Picture
First Alliance Church (facerie.org) is seeking a full time Director/Pastor of Children’s Ministries.
Every week facKIDZ engages over 150 children from birth to 5th grade, with relational small groups, engaging and age-appropriate content and irresistible environments. On top of that, we strive to create events that point children and parents to Jesus, build intimacy with God, develop community with insiders (church goers) and influence with outsiders (non-church goers). We place the utmost importance on team-building and recognize that our volunteers are the rock stars of facKIDZ and deserve to be affirmed and equipped to do ministry. We believe that the next generation isn’t the future of the church, but it IS the church.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Cast vision for children’s ministry with an emphasis on discipleship and outreach strategy.
· Oversee volunteer strategy that identifies, recruits, coaches, and monitors lay leaders.
· Provide spiritual care and guidance for children, parents, and volunteers.
· Ensure effective and excellent relationship-based Sunday morning environments.
· Plan and implement AWANA Clubs, our midweek outreach ministry.
· Serve as the ambassador for children’s ministry with church Senior Leadership Team (SLT), elders, staff, volunteers, parents, and kids.
· Design a calendar of events that moves kids and families towards our mission.
· Plan, coordinate, and evaluate quarterly events.
· Oversee the process of child dedications.
· Develop budgets and provide financial oversight and responsibility.
· Is a born-again believer through faith in Jesus Christ, having made a personal profession of faith in, and surrender to, Jesus as Lord and Savior.
· Demonstrates a growing relationship with Jesus through spiritual disciplines, such as prayer, fasting, the study of God’s Word, etc.
· A servant with the ability to design, develop, implement, and lead a large ministry team, including volunteers and part-time staff.
· Possesses a passion for the next generation and to see them know and follow Jesus.
· Strong ability to recruit volunteers.
· Demonstrates leadership of the home and conducts him/herself appropriately in public settings.
· Understands and embraces FAC’s vision and values.
A ministry related bachelor’s degree with experience in ministry is preferred