About the job
The Primary Task:
Develop and implement a comprehensive approach to student ministry. This comprehensive approach is based on the understanding of the primary task of youth ministry to:
• Disciple the youth and young adults into a personal relationship with Christ in both large group and smaller relational environments.
• Grow the youth ministry by creating attractive and compelling environments to which our youth can invite their non-Christian friends.
• Build a team of passionate adult youth coaches to help mentor and disciple the youth.
• Teach the youth and young adults the Bible by modeling Christ in your daily life.
• Challenge the youth and young adults to respond to God’s call to serve in their communities and the world.
• Be an advocate for youth and young adults and educate the congregation about the needs of youth in the local church and community.
• Mentor youth and young adults in developing their leadership skills.
• Stay apprised with new resources and changes in youth ministry and youth culture, and adjust our programming as needed to maintain a current and effective program.
• Share these changes with the parents to assist them in better understanding their youth and the culture they live in.
• Preaching in the church as scheduled by the Senior Pastor.
• Be a liaison between the church and other community organizations, people, and resources, that relate to youth ministries.
• Select the curriculum, teach or coordinate with others teaching, for all youth functions.
• Provide leadership for student ministry leaders, mentors, and parents beyond the classroom.
• Communicate with the youth and parents in a timely manner and as effectively as possible using all available resources.
• Attend all meetings as required.
• Ensure the Child Protection Policy is observed in all youth ministry settings.
• Any other outreach or ministry efforts as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
Qualifications and Aptitudes: Adhere to Biblical theology and the Fellowship of the Hills Statement of Faith in harmony with our Mission and Values, as well as following the guidelines of the Constitution and Bylaws.
• Associates or Bachelor’s Degree (preferred) in Bible or Ministry, or Seminary Degree.
• Ordained (or working toward Ordination) and be married, preferably with child/children.
• The candidate should exhibit a personal and growing relationship with Christ, have a teachable spirit, a healthy family life, be a team player, and be able to lead Worship.
• The candidate should be baptized, have a passion for God’s Word, a love for young people, a servant’s heart, and a passion for evangelism both personally and at the ministry level.
• Must have vision and a demonstrated ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage and implement a youth ministry within the parameters of the church.
• Must have good written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, and computer skills.
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/1621