About the job
A full-time position to regularly preach God's Word (~40 Sundays/year) and provide vision and leadership to our staff and elder teams so that we can fulfill our mission to know Christ and to make him known.
Key responsibilities include: preaching, oversight and planning of our worship services, vision development and implementation, leading the staff and elder teams, and raising up and equipping new and future leaders, pastoral care, weddings, and funerals.
• Meets the biblical qualifications in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9
• Agreement with our statement of faith without hesitation or mental reservation (https://bit.ly/3lsw3sr)
• Gifted teacher, preacher, and communicator
• Passionate about God’s word and applying it to matters of the heart and world
• Inspires Christlikeness
• Appreciates and complements our elder and staff teams
• Relationally capable
• Evangelistic zeal
• Clear thoughts on spiritual multiplication and discipleship
• Strong marriage (if married)
• Theologically trained (Masters of Divinity or higher preferred)
Fellowship Church Louisville was planted in 2006. We are in friendly cooperation with the Southern Baptist Convention and also align with The Gospel Coalition and 9Marks. Some of our other distinctives are that we have a plurality of pastor/elders that are men; deacons may be men or women. We stand in the Reformed tradition holding to salvation by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone, to the glory of God alone, with Scripture alone as our authority for Christian faith and practice. We have a strong sense of community/family in our body, have high engagement in our community group ministry, and value Kingdom diversity (in which we want to further grow!) and book-by-book expository preaching. We encourage you to check out our website at www.fellowshiplouisville.org/about to learn more about us.