About the job
Meet Faith Community Church:
Faith Community Church is older than the United States and thriving full of life. Founded in 1724, we have been a presence in the MetroWest for almost 300 years! Throughout our history, we have cared for our community, expanded God’s work throughout our state, and spread Christ’s message around the world.
Faith Community Church is a Non-Denominational church located in the MetroWest area of Massachusetts. We currently gather in two locations, Framingham and Hopkinton, working together to support our community. Both campuses host Sunday services with live music, a relatable message, and a diverse crowd. Come how you are and experience what we are all about!
About the Pastor/Director of Outreach:
Our mission is to love radically, live generously, and watch Jesus do the extraordinary. We do this by developing disciples who:
- Encounter Christ in Worship
- Grow in Relationship with Others
- Serve the World on Mission
- Live Generously
The Pastor/Director of Outreach oversees the third attribute: Serving the World on Mission. Their purpose is to continue to strengthen and grow our missional work in the immediate and surrounding communities of our campuses through our local outreach efforts, community engagement programs and events, mobilization of FCC attendees, and oversight of outreach-based small groups (Starting Point).
The Pastor/Director of Outreach Will:
As a member of our Pastors and Directors Team, you will...
- Implement our vision, mission, and ministry model.
- Develop church-wide and ministry-specific objectives and key results.
- Participate in staff development.
- Pray regularly.
You will also participate in All Staff Meetings and meet foundational expectations for All Staff Members, which are:
- Belief and commitment to the mission, vision, and staff values as established.
- Belief and commitment to the Church Bylaws.
- Commitment to the church’s discipleship strategy.
- Membership at Faith Community Church.
- Perform all duties in an independent and professional manner with a high level of integrity.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with other ministries in the church to accomplish FCC objectives and key results.
- Recruit, train, and develop an Outreach Lead Team to direct the outreach work of FCC.
- Cast vision and develop programs and processes to implement the PEACE Plan for FCC.
- Champion community engagement in our campus communities.
- Recruit, train, and develop event teams to execute community engagement events at FCC.
- Develop mechanisms for engagement opportunities to increase new guests at FCC.
- Inspire, develop, and nurture the mobilization of campus attendees into a missional force.
- Network individuals and communities to create a missional force for good and a powerful apologetic for Christian faith in our campus communities, and guide these networks and individuals to link unchurched people with vibrant churches, including our own campuses.
- Oversee Starting Point Process by recruiting, developing, and nurturing
- Starting Point Group Leaders and offering Starting Point groups regularly for people seeking to connect with Christ.
- Collaborate with Group Life to connect graduates into further church involvement.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with volunteers in Outreach, Local Community Partners, and Campus Pastors of other campuses.
- Be a member of Hopkinton Lead Team and collaborate with volunteers in
- Outreach at our Framingham campus (and future campuses).
- Be willing to embrace and be trained in and agree with Purpose Driven Church Principles.
What You Bring:
Education & Experience
- Master’s degree in related theological and Biblical subjects is preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in Outreach work is required.
- 2+ years of experience leading in mid-size church (750-1000) with multiple teams is preferred.
- Evidence of experience in small group life and equipping work.
- Microsoft Office skills including Teams (willing to learn).
- Proficient with virtual meeting software (Zoom or Teams).
- Excellent interpersonal skills; communicates effectively through all levels of the organization.
- Self-directed - someone who takes initiative.
- Ability to be detail and task-oriented.
- Strong organizational skills and administrative capabilities.
- Team-oriented - works well in a team environment.
- Consistently demonstrates the ability to recognize and deal with priorities.
- High level of integrity and dependability.
- Demonstrates respect for others, integrity, discretion, and consistency in word and deed.
- Able to accept changes and constructive feedback.