Youth Pastor at Faith Lutheran Church
Castle Rock, CO 80104
About the job
We are searching for a Associate Pastor whose focus will be Youth, Young Adults, and Family Ministry.
PURPOSE: To serve Faith Lutheran Church (FLC) in ministry and life with an emphasis on developing, coordinating, and implementing a comprehensive youth, young adults, and family program from preschool through high school that is focused on discipleship, balanced with fellowship, service, and mission opportunities. FLC sees itself as a “big tent” kind of church where people of all backgrounds can grow in their relationship with Jesus. Our preschool ministry is consistently ranked as a top Christian preschool with a multiyear waitlist. Family growth in our area is burgeoning and is "ripe for harvest" for the person who is called into this ministry.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Disciple teens and young adults.
• Evaluate FLC’s current youth ministry offerings, provide recommendations, and implement steps to accomplish current and future youth and family ministry goals.
• Provide oversight to our A.R.C. children’s ministry pipeline and support the growth of this group in conjunction with the Children & Family Ministry Coordinator by cultivating relationships within the church and the local community.
• Develop and lead families from preschool as an entry point into the church.
• Teach and oversee youth Sunday School classes and small group bible studies.
• Lead effective youth growth through discipleship, fellowship, worship, bible studies, evangelism, mission opportunities, and community service.
• Engage regularly with FLC’s youth and their families through fun activities and relationship-building initiatives, including strengthening family relationships.
• Establish healthy, effective, and efficient communication channels with parents to encourage their youth’s faith, growth, and participation in youth activities.
• Plan, organize, and implement the weekly youth gatherings.
• Proactively plan the youth calendar to develop community, relationships, fellowship, and spiritual growth.
• Train and equip others to connect with the youth and their families in the Associate Pastor’s
• Participate in LCMC youth retreats and other regional youth activities.
• Recruit, equip, and enable volunteers to share in the leadership of the young adult ministry.
• Provide church-wide visibility and communication to Young Adult activities.
• Help lead worship as needed.
• Serve as pulpit supply for the Senior Pastor as needed.
• Master of Divinity or theological equivalent and a clear alignment and appreciation with Lutheran theology as defined by LCMC.
• Good standing with LCMC.
• Must have a maturing faith centered on Jesus Christ and the doctrines of grace.
• Must be gifted in relating to youth, young adults, and families.
• Must have integrity and be above reproach when interacting with youth and their families.
• Must exhibit healthy boundaries with youth, young adults, and their families (accountability, physical and time boundaries, social media boundaries, etc.).
• Must pass a background check.
• Must have at least three years of significant and successful experience developing youth ministries, paid or unpaid.
• Must have exceptional interpersonal skills and strong written and oral communication skills.
• Must have strong leadership skills, with a vision and passion to connect and disciple youth.
• Must be able to maintain trust and biblical confidentiality.
• Must be able to work flexible hours.
• Possesses a strong Christian character (hard work, teamwork, honesty, peacemaking, integrity).
• Outgoing personality that can easily engage with children, youth, and adults.
• Articulate and effective at public speaking.
• Sensitive to the needs and pressures of teens and young adults with the ability to offer biblical wisdom and to provide appropriate resources.
• Enjoys the challenges of youth ministry and desires to collaborate with families.
• Ability to assess current ministry structure and provide a plan ensuring a smooth transition.
• Adapts to the changing needs in a daily and weekly schedule and can adjust appropriately.
• Can collaborate with multiple leaders and teams to accomplish various goals.
• Savvy in digital communication and knowledge of social media.
• This is a full-time position with flexible hours based on a forty-hour work week paid bi-weekly for eighty hours.
• Benefits include vacation, insurance, retirement, preschool discount, holiday, and sick time.
• Salary based on experience and education. - $60,000 - $80,000 range
** THE ABOVE JOB DESCRIPTION IS INTENDED AS A GUIDE ONLY AND SHOULD NOT BE INTERPRETED AS A COMPLETE LIST OF THE DUTIES OF OR QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS JOB. **
TO APPLY: Email Cover Letter and Resume to Karl Krueger at: [email protected]