About the job
>> Click HERE to apply! <<
Meet Faith Community Church:
Faith Community Church is older than the United States and thriving full of life. Founded in 1724, we have been a presence in the MetroWest for almost 300 years! Throughout our history, we have cared for our community, expanded God’s work throughout our state, and spread Christ’s message around the world.
Faith Community Church is a Non-Denominational church located in the MetroWest area of Massachusetts. We currently gather in two locations, Framingham and Hopkinton, working together to support our community. Both campuses host Sunday services with live music, a relatable message, and a diverse crowd. Come how you are and experience what we are all about!
About the Associate Pastor:
Our mission is to love radically, live generously, and watch Jesus do the extraordinary. We do this by developing disciples who:
Encounter Christ in Worship
Grow in Relationship with Others
Serve the World on Mission
The Associate Pastor supports Faith Community in achieving this mission and supports the congregation on all campuses to fulfill its mission through preaching, pastoring, and inspiring outreach.
The Associate Pastor Will Achieve the Following:
Core Expectations for all FCC Staff Members
- Membership at Faith Community Church.
- Belief and commitment to the mission, vision, and staff values as established.
- Belief and commitment to the Church Bylaws.
- Commitment to the church’s discipleship strategy, in personal practice as well as ministry leadership.
- Perform all duties in an independent and professional manner with a high level of integrity.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
The following represents a list of essential duties and responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Be a member of our Pastors and Directors Team collaborating on
- Implementing our vision, mission, and ministry model.
- Develop Church Wide and Ministry Specific Objectives and Key Results.
- Participate in staff development.
- Pray regularly.
- Collaborate with other ministries in the church to accomplish FCC objectives and key results.
- Have a passion for outreach and recruit, train, and develop an Outreach Lead Team to direct the outreach work of FCC.
- Cast vision, develop programs and processes to implement the PEACE Plan for FCC.
- Champion community engagement in our campus communities.
- Recruit, train, and develop event teams to execute community engagement events at FCC.
- Develop church-wide opportunities to do good in line with the PEACE Plan focus.
- Design, plan, execute, and evaluate these opportunities for maximum community impact and transformation.
- Develop mechanisms for engagement opportunities to increase new guests at FCC.
- Inspire, develop and nurture the mobilization of campus attendees into a missional force
- Develop, in accordance with people’s SHAPE, methods for individuals to serve their community on mission.
- Network individuals and communities to create a missional force for good and a powerful apologetic for Christian faith in our campus communities.
- Guide these networks and individuals to link unchurched people with vibrant churches, including our own campuses.
- Oversee Starting Point Process.
- Recruit, develop, and nurture Starting Point Group Leaders.
- Offer Starting Point groups regularly for people seeking to connect with Christ.
- Have a pastoral heart.
- Able to perform pastoral duties (weddings, funerals, counseling, care, visitation).
- Support pastoral efforts on all campuses alongside existing pastoral staff.
- Be a strong communicator.
- Participate as a member of our teaching team.
- Able to preach the Word of God effectively using our established principles of cultural relevance, Biblically-based, and application-oriented.
- Proficiency in speaking to large and small groups with inspiration and effectiveness.
- Proficiency in the use of multimedia in presentations (videos, images, props etc.).
- Budget and manage financial responsibilities for the above duties and responsibilities.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in All Staff Meetings and meet foundational expectations for All Staff Members.
- Member of Hopkinton Lead Team Meetings.
- Willing to embrace and be trained in, and agrees with, Purpose Driven Church Principles.
- Willing to grow and expand in their role as the church grows.
What You Bring:
Education & Experience
- A Master’s degree in related theological and biblical subjects is required.
- 3+ years of experience in pastoral work- required.
- 2+ years of experience leading in mid-size church (500) with multiple teams – preferred.
- Microsoft Office skills including Teams (willing to learn).
- Proficient with virtual meeting software (Zoom or Teams).
- Exhibit a personal faith in Jesus Christ as Lord, seeking to grow in faith.
- High level of integrity and dependability.
- Personal effectiveness, demonstrates respect for others, integrity, discretion, and consistency in word and deed, able to accept changes and constructive feedback.
Winning Behaviors and Competencies
- Excellent interpersonal skills; communicates effectively through all levels of the organization.
- Self-directed, takes initiative.
- Strategic thinker.
- Ability to be detail and task-oriented.
- Strong organizational skills and administrative capabilities.
- Team oriented-works well in a team environment.
- Consistently demonstrate ability to recognize and deal with priorities.
What it's Like to Live in Hopkinton, Massachusetts:
Hopkinton, Massachusetts is a small quiet suburb of Boston that offers a lovely place to live with good educational opportunities, a strong safe community, and growing diversity. Their school system has an excellent reputation and is consistently ranked among the top in the state. The people are kind and welcoming and show great support to their town. Though Hopkinton is small, it is very close to several larger cities that provide any resources you could possibly need.
Hopkinton offers several restaurants, parks, and a beautiful town common where they hold various events and gatherings. Hopkinton Town Common also happens to be the starting line for the nationally recognized Boston Marathon! It boasts of the claim “It all starts here”, and this little quality is something that the town is known for and quite proud of.
With an ample amount of parks and beautiful public spaces, there are plenty of great opportunities for hiking and outdoor activities. There are actually two state parks inside this little town, Hopkinton State Park and Whitehall State Park. Between the two of these, a lot of green can be explored as well as some lakes, reservoirs, beaches, and even a couple islands! There are many little hidden gems in this area.
Overall, Hopkinton is a wonderful place to settle down in. With its safe and growing community, this little town would make a great home to raise a family, and it gives the best of both worlds by offering a simple quiet lifestyle with quick easy access to the big city.
>> Click HERE to apply! <<