Children Ministry Director at Exalt Church
About the job
Exalt Church is a four-year-old portable church located in Chesapeake, Virginia.
We are looking for a relentless person who is ready to live in Hampton Roads, work hard, grow as a leader and life-changer in this important role on our staff and make a tremendous difference for Jesus Christ.
Do you love children and are you excited to see them learn, grow and come to know Jesus personally?
Are you passionate about raising up new leaders and volunteers on the Exalt Kids Team, seeing people get connected to your team and challenging them to grow as leaders and in their faith?
Do you love Hampton Roads and the families who live here - and are you committed to developing strategies to effectively reach young families?
Do you enjoy recruiting new volunteers and working with them to create a great environment on Sundays for everyone who attends - especially for families and first time guests?
Are you passionate about following-up with kids and families who attend and seeing them assimilated into the church (from first-time guests to fully developing followers of Jesus)?
Are you committed to investing in parents and giving them the support and resources they need to raise their children in a godly way at home during the week?
Do you have a high view of ministry and of 'serving as part of discipleship' and do you have a strong desire to reach the unchurched?
Are you interested in helping a growing church continue to grow?
This is an equipping position that focuses on reaching and investing in children and families and recruiting and developing incredible volunteers to build a great team.
- Leadership, growth, and innovation of Exalt’s children's ministry - Birth through 5th-Grade and helping develop effective age-graded ministries beyond.
- Leading the Sunday Exalt Kids experience at one location. Also - planning and leading family events during the year (at least 3 a year).
- Recruiting leaders and providing guidance for Mom's, Parents and Family Connect Groups each semester.
- Requires the ability to lead teams effectively, to raise up new leaders at a rapid rate and to communicate clearly.
- Organizational and administrative skills are a must.
- Must be extremely hard-working and bring a lot of energy and enthusiasm to the table.
- Other desired characteristics include strong interpersonal skills; growing leader; team builder; a sense of humor; risk-taker (seminary not required)
- A Solid Calling to Children’s Ministry
- A passion for kids and families - reaching them and seeing them come to Christ
- The ability to manage an Exalt Kids Team
- A passion for the Bible and innovation
- An ability to communicate, lead small group trainings and lead meetings (volunteers/staff)
- A team player
- A positive attitude
- A risk taker
- A passion for helping people take spiritual next steps
- A desire to not let anyone fall through the cracks
- A passion and drive for evangelism and reaching the unchurched
- A high commitment to the local church
You'll thrive with us if you:
- Love going the extra mile to lead with excellence;
- Serve with passion and purpose;
- Possess an unquenchable drive to share the hope of Christ;
- Believe true leadership starts with service; and,
- Audaciously believe that Jesus is doing something new and fresh in your generation through the local church.
- While employees are asked to serve in a variety of roles, each employee’s duties and responsibilities are primarily religious. An employee must exemplify the moral teachings of the Exalt Church. An employee must not teach, advocate, model or in any way encourage beliefs or behaviors that are contrary to the teachings of the Exalt Church.