Technical Director at Evergreen Baptist Church of Los Angeles
About the job
COVID Safety Protocol: Staff and congregation are required to be vaccinated to attend services (attendance set at 50 people currently) and masks are required to be worn at all times when on campus.
This position coordinates the overall technical needs of the church, which includes the area of Worship Arts. This person collaborates and partners with the Worship Arts Pastor to produce the Sunday morning service as well as special events. This would encompass the audio, visual, multimedia, lighting, staging operations.
Hours of Employment: 15 hours per week, part-time, non-exempt (hours negotiable)
Compensation: Available upon request
Skills and Abilities:
- Creative vision for use of available technology and equipment.
- Adaptive and flexible work style.
- Experience and a high level of skill mixing live audio on digital consoles
- Allen & Heath and Dante experience preferred, along with knowledge of DAWs and recording
- Comprehensive understanding of production video technologies, including SDI and NDI video transport protocols, live streaming over RTMP, and video storage codecs. Non-linear editing experience is a plus.
- Expertise with live production software, especially ProPresenter
- Ability to troubleshoot
- Effective team and communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts in a way that everyday people can understand
- Strong organizational abilities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Tech Team Director
- Serve as production director, directing audio, lighting, cameras, media, and live-streaming for each service and rehearsal
- Recruit, train, and schedule volunteers for tech team roles
- Prepare the stage mid-week per the Worship Pastor’s stage plot; test all audio lines, patch the console, and program video angles
- Build slides in ProPresenter for each week’s service
- Prepare live streaming to Vimeo and YouTube, and maintain these video libraries
- Maintain all audio, video, lighting, and media systems; oversee the audio/visual budget
- Implement ongoing improvements and upgrades to the church’s systems and processes
- Special Events Tech Coordinator, Special on-site events
- Assist with the technical support for special events, such as funerals, weddings, EBCLA events, outside conferences
- Coordinate Tech Team logistics for programs requiring tech use.
- Provide trained personnel to operate tech equipment.
- Member of Evergreen-LA staff
- Attend weekly ministry staff meeting, monthly all-staff and admin staff meetings.