About the job
Evangelical Community Church (“ECC”), an English-speaking, multi-ethnic, non-denominational church in Hong Kong, now seeks to appoint a Senior Pastor to oversee, lead and care for the church in upholding its core values of Worship, Nurture, Community, and Outreach to reach more people with the Gospel and make more disciples for our Lord Jesus Christ.
The Senior Pastor shall exemplify a consistent testimony through his prayer life and walk with Christ, as demonstrated in the integrity of his relationships with family and the church, with humility and a teachable spirit. He shall also demonstrate a Great Commission lifestyle, with a keen ability in balancing ministry and family life, and emotional and physical well-being.
ECC is an Elder Board-led church. The Senior Pastor serves on the board as an ex-officio member, and is accountable to the board.
- Oversee & provide pastoral care to the entire congregation of 350+.
- Preach regularly God's truth in relevant and applicable messages.
- Oversee, lead and pastor a staff team of around 10-15 persons.
- Oversee planning and leading of worship services and special events.
- Oversee and develop ministries (e.g. teaching, leadership, discipleship, vision development) so all in the congregation may be equipped, prepared, and trained to provide faithful witness, testimony, and execute the great commission.
- The Senior Pastor shall be grounded in grace, passionate about prayer, committed to exegetical preparation, expository delivery and application, gospel-centered preaching, and the infallible Word of the Bible.
- To provide visionary leadership for the ministries of the church.
- To direct, communicate, and nurture this vision to all staff and lay leadership.
- To lead staff and lay leaders by providing appropriate direction, accountability, shepherding, and spiritual direction.
- To identify and cultivate leadership to serve as lay volunteers or pastors/missionaries within the congregation.
- To encourage members and regular attendees to enjoy the life and fellowship of the church community by participating in small groups.
Qualifications and Experiences:
- Ordained minister with relevant seminary degree (e.g. MDiv, DD, DMin, etc.)
- 20+ years cumulative experience in ministry roles with 10+ years pastoring and preaching in a church or congregation, in an English-speaking setting (preferred)
- Spoken Chinese (Cantonese, Mandarin) an advantage but not mandatory
- Experienced in leading a comparatively-sized congregation and church staff preferred
- Experienced with navigating multi-cultural/multi-ethnic settings in church as well as missions, especially in Asian communities preferred
Interested parties shall send application including full career details, recordings of sermon samples, salary history and expected salary to email@example.com.
Closing date: December 10, 2020