About the job
Better Life Rancho Arabic Church is non-denominational founded in 2008 and located in the heart of Rancho Cucamonga. Better Life ACF is a community of Arabic speaking individuals and families that come together to worship in Spirit and in Truth, fellowship in love and humility and grow spiritually and consistently in order to reach the lost and the unsaved with the love of Christ. The Vision is to be a dynamic, growing church body that focuses on the salvation of souls and the strengthening of believers.
The mission of Elevate, as the Youth and Young Adult Ministry of Better Life Arabic Church, is to teach the Bible in meaningful ways that elevate the truths of God, to engage in community outreach programs that elevate the grace of God, and to develop sincere relationships that elevate the love of God for everyone who encounters Elevate.
The youth (ages 13-17) and young adults (ages 18-29) are the next generation (Next Gen) of Christian leaders in the Church and community. The Elevate leadership has the honor and obligation to engage individuals in current service and prepare individuals for future work in the kingdom of God. To that end, the vision is to implement and maintain a disciple-making model that 1) grows people in knowledge and understanding of the Christian life, 2) guides people in sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ, and 3) teaches people how to make disciples that make disciples.
We are seeking a Part-Time Pastor (20 Hours per week) with a heart for high school and college-aged students raised with an Arabic ethnicity/background. The Pastor would be asked to:
· Provide leadership to the Youth Ministry as the primary Bible Teacher on Sunday Mornings & Tuesday Nights
· Prepare and facilitate discipleship/small groups with students
· Intentionally develop student leaders through training and ministry empowerment
· Shepherd students (weekly phone calls and follow-up, meeting up with students one on one, etc…)
· Planning events and fun filled activities, mobilizing staff & student leaders
· Be willing to work with an established leadership committee to make decisions and set goals (quarterly, yearly, etc)
Desirable Education and Experience:
· Prefer a Bachelor’s degree in ministry from a four-year accredited Christian College or University (or working towards this goal), or an equivalent combination of education and experience. We will consider an applicant currently enrolled in an undergraduate ministry degree program, Bible College or School of Ministry.
· Prefer at least 1 year of Student Ministry leadership (can be volunteer positions).
· Depending on experience
· Please send your cover letter, resume, profile photo, sermon link (video preferred), and 2 to 3 references to email@example.com.