About the job
The Director of Ministry (DM) is the spiritual leader and is responsible for the vision, direction, and growth of all ECF ministries (locally and globally) in the areas of Evangelism, Education and Charity.
1. The DM should have a degree in an accredited seminary and be mission-minded;
2. The DM must have a minimum of 5-7 years of pastoral / mission experience with a non-profit Christian organization;
3. The DM must be well-versed in English; knowledge of Cantonese and Mandarin a plus.
1. Under the direct supervision of the CEO, the DM is responsible for the planning, promoting and execution of all ECF related ministries, locally and globally;
2. Lead weekly staff Bible Study and provide spiritual guidance as needed;
3. Promote, start, and/or maintain evangelistic and community outreach programs for residents in the local communities, such as weekly worship, youth fellowship, etc.
4. Solicit speaking opportunities at local Christian organizations and churches for preaching and evangelism while promoting ECF’s programs and ministries and using these opportunities to encourage/solicit supports as part of the fund-raising endeavor;
5. Represent ECF in evangelical conferences and events;
6. Travel, build and strengthen relations with ECF’s current and potential new mission partners, on an as-needed basis to explore, begin, expand, improve, and promote ECF’s ministries;
7. Develop yearly ministry plans focusing on ECF’s mission objectives: Evangelism, Education, and Charity;
8. Assist in the writing and publishing of ECF’s English/Chinese Global Vision (Quarterly Magazine) and other ECF-related publications s as directed;
9. Work closely with university and community college Christian leaders to promote student ministry on local college campuses;
10. Explore opportunities to expand ECF’s Sponsorship Ministry;
11. Work closely with the CEO, Director of Operations, and all other office staff to ensure proper implementation of all ECF programs and ministries.
NOTE: In addition to all of the above responsibilities, the Director of Ministry shall perform other duties as assigned by the CEO and/or ECF Board of Directors.