Urban Neighborhood Evangelist and Disciplemaker at East Hollywood Community Church
Los Angeles, CA 90026
About the job
Urban Neighborhood Evangelist and Disciplemaker
“Seek the peace and prosperity of the city to which I have carried you into exile.” – Jer. 29:7. Eugene Petersen translates the beginning of John 1:14 as “The Word became flesh and blood and moved into the neighborhood.” Just like Jesus “moved into the neighborhood,” we are looking for someone to come and literally and figuratively move into the neighborhood of East Hollywood in Los Angeles. This is a unique opportunity to practice being the missional church as a paid missionary.
- Be fully immersed and integrated into East Hollywood Community Church, a missionary church plant rooted in the neighborhood.
- Build relationships with individuals and families in the neighborhood.
- Help integrate people into the church as well as into new and deepening relationships with Jesus.
- We are very clear on the “what” of the position but the “how” is flexible depending on the individual. We will provide training and coaching.
- Zero need to provide pulpit supply or preach on Sundays; though starting a neighborhood seek bible study would be ideal over time.
- Complete and turn in hours worked.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Communicate, in advance, if any planned or unplanned absences are to occur.
- Must be committed to Jesus Christ as the only way to God and other fundamentals to the Christian faith.
- Must love Jesus and love people.
- Missions-minded and evangelistically gifted
- Ability to work cross culturally and cross socio-economically
- Must move into East Hollywood and join East Hollywood Community Church; participation in church activities including Sunday gatherings and other activities
- Spanish not required, but flexibility and contextualization skills are mandatory.
- Agree to EHCC’s statement of faith.
- Must be able to successfully complete a criminal background check.
Pay rate: $20/ hour, maximum of 20 hours per week.
For more information about EHCC: