Youth Ministry Coordinator at Eagle Rock Baptist Church
1499 Colorado Blvd. Los Angeles CA. 90041
About the job
ERBC is looking for a passionate, high-energy follower of Jesus excited by the challenge of reaching Eagle Rock students and passing on a transforming, contagious faith to the next generation. This individual must love students and be gifted with the necessary creativity and courage to champion effective ways to reach broken students in an ever-changing culture and lead them into a growing relationship with Christ.
General Overview and Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with Student Ministry Team & Associate Pastor in planning, implementing, and engaging students in weekly programs that foster community and lead students to Christ and develop resilient faith.
- Assist in the leadership of weekly online programs and soon to be launched 2x monthly live events, with the eventual goal of post-pandemic weekly programs on Sunday morning and mid-week.
- Assisting in the development and launch of age/gender-specific small groups.
- Assist in the development and empowerment of a strong Student Ministry volunteer team.
- Develop relationships with students and encourage them to take the next steps in their relationship with Jesus, wherever their starting point is.
- Perform necessary administrative tasks (parent emails, social media, procuring supplies, etc.).
- Based on gift-mix there are also opportunities to participate in leadership roles in our adult weekend streaming services and monthly worship nights.
- Eight to fifteen hours a week are preferred.
- A committed follower of Jesus able to show evidence of growing maturity in Christ.
- Demonstrated passion for working with youth and families.
- A proven ability to engage and relate to students in both Middle & High School, along with their families.
- Compliance with Eagle Rock Baptist Church policies and procedures.
- Must be available Sunday mornings upon reopening of LA County Churches for indoor worship.
- A goal-oriented individual who is a mature, organized, self-starter with a warm personality and strong communication skills.
- Previous experience working with students.
- Valid CA driver’s license and insurance.
- Preference will be given to the candidate pursuing a career in vocational ministry.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 to $16.00 /hour