Director of Student Ministry at Eagle Rock Baptist Church
1499 Colorado Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90041
About the job
ERBC is looking for a passionate, high-energy follower of Jesus excited by the challenge of reaching Eagle Rock students and passing on a transforming, contagious faith to the next generation. This individual must love students and be gifted with the necessary creativity and courage to champion effective ways to reach broken students in an ever-changing culture and lead them into a growing relationship with Christ expressed within the broader body of Christ.
General Overview and Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with Student Ministry Team & Associate Pastor in planning, implementing, and engaging students in weekly programs that foster community and lead students to Christ and develop resilient faith.
- Leadership of Sunday morning (10:00am - 12:30pm) and Wednesday night (5:00pm-9:30pm) Student Ministry programs.
- Implementation and oversight of age/gender specific small groups.
- Cultivating a strong Student Ministry Volunteer team reflecting a Christ-centered culture.
- Develop relationships with students and encourage them to take next steps in their relationship with Jesus, wherever their starting point is.
- Identify students’ areas of gifting and connect them to serving opportunities within the broader church
- Perform necessary administrative tasks (parent emails, social media, procuring supplies, etc.).
- Based on candidates gifting and fitness there are also opportunities to participate in leadership roles in our adult weekend services and connections ministry.
- Up to twenty-five hours a week are available.
- A committed follower of Jesus able to show evidence of growing maturity in Christ.
- Demonstrated passion for working with youth and families.
- A proven ability to engage and relate to students in both Middle & High School, along with their families.
- Compliance with Eagle Rock Baptist Church policies and procedures.
- A goal-oriented individual who is a mature, organized, self-starter with a warm personality and strong communication skills.
- Previous experience working with students.
- Valid CA driver’s license and insurance.
- Preference will be given to the candidate pursuing a career in vocational ministry.
- Preference will also be given to the candidate with experience leading worship.