Facilities Assistant at Door of Hope
Pasadena, CA & Surrounding Areas
About the job
Door of Hope is a Christian, faith-based nonprofit that equips families facing homelessness to rebuild their lives. The Facilities Assistant (FA) supports this mission by coordinating facilities maintenance and repairs while also assisting in preventative maintenance.
This individual should be patient, independent, hard-working, and have the ability to think quickly during times of high stress. The FA must have an interest in facility upkeep and repair. Knowledge of general facilities maintenance is helpful, but Door of Hope will offer more training in specific plumbing, electrical, carpentry and preventative maintenance. The ideal candidate for this role is someone with integrity and a willingness to learn, even if they have no experience in facilities maintenance. At times, the job of the FA is not glamorous and behind-the-scenes, but be assured that you are providing an extremely valuable service.
- Part-time, 25 hours/week
- Flexible working schedule to accommodate 2-5 Saturdays per year for special projects and events
- Must be available during normal business hours
- Perform maintenance/repairs as needed under the direction of the Facilities Manager and Team Lead. Experience in these areas is not required. Door of Hope will provide all training that is needed
- Identify and correct maintenance, safety, and security issues
- Communicate with appropriate staff on supplying their needs
- Perform any other task necessary to support the mission of Door of Hope
- Strong relational and communication skills
- A commitment to developing new skills
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team with integrity
- Current driver’s license with good driving record and auto insurance
- Must be in good physical condition and able to lift extremely heavy items
- Facility maintenance experience and/or knowledge of construction is a plus, but is not required
Compensation & Benefits
Expected compensation: $20/hour to $22.50/hour depending on experience
Competitive benefits package including:
- Paid Time Off: Vacation, Sick, Holidays, Bereavement, Jury Duty
- 403(b): 3% dollar-for-dollar match
- Therapy Subsidy
Character (Do you embody Door of Hope’s four core values?)
Christ-centered, expressed through:
- Faith: We have an active and personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Calling: Out of a sense of calling, we go above and beyond to meet our mission.
- Character: We demonstrate the character of Christ toward colleagues and families.
Empowering, expressed through:
- Trust: We trust one another, believe in one another, and give each other the freedom to take risks. (Mistakes are learning opportunities.)
- Accountability: We nurture God-given strengths through coaching and accountability.
Holistic, expressed through:
- Whole Person: Our emotional, spiritual and personal well-being matter to one another.
- Whole Organization: We are on one team with one mission. (We don’t do silos.)
Relationship, expressed through:
- Family: We love, celebrate, and pray with one another.
- Reconciliation: We manage conflict, practice vulnerability, and pursue diversity with honesty and grace.