About the job
Children & Youth Manager
Are you interested in making a difference in the lives of children and teens facing homelessness? Are you searching for not just a job, but a calling? Door of Hope, a Christian nonprofit that empowers families facing homelessness to transform their lives, is hiring a Children & Youth Manager to be part of our life-changing work.
As the Children & Youth Manager, you will creatively design and manage all children and teen programming at Door of Hope. You will help nurture a sense of belonging and safety among children and youth experiencing homelessness, nurture their God-given strengths, and empower them to grow emotionally, socially and spiritually.
- Full-Time; some flexibility in scheduling, some weekends
- 4 afternoon/evening shifts per week: 12:30-9 pm
- Provide overall management and supervision of children/teen programs including supervision of staff, developing/controlling budget
- Develop curriculum and lesson plans
- Train, manage, and coordinate volunteers and tutors
- Maintain and build strong relationships with community partners
- Lead and coordinate activities, field trips, special events, and outings for children/youth intended to broaden their horizons
- Maintain regular, open and honest communication with parents to best support the development of their children/youth
- Member of Program Leadership Team; meet regularly with other Program
- Leaders to develop, discuss, and actualize overall program goals
- Lead weekly team meetings for the purpose of training and planning activities
- Network and build community partnerships that will enrich Door of Hope’s programs
- Perform any other task necessary to support the mission of Door of Hope
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, child development, or similar field strongly preferred
- MSW or similar relevant Master’s degree strongly preferred
- 3-5 years of experience working with children and/or youth at-risk strongly preferred
- 1-2 years of Management experience strongly preferred
- Domestic Violence trainings or certification strongly preferred
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required
- Fluency with Microsoft and Google Suite required
- Ability to lift and carry 30 lbs. required
- Bilingual Spanish preferred
Character (Do you embody Door of Hope’s four core values?)
Christ-centered, expressed through:
- Faith: We have an active and personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Calling: Out of a sense of calling, we go above and beyond to meet our mission.
- Character: We demonstrate the character of Christ toward colleagues and families.
Empowering, expressed through:
- Trust: We trust one another, believe in one another, and give each other the freedom to take risks. (Mistakes are learning opportunities.)
- Accountability: We nurture God-given strengths through coaching and accountability.
Holistic, expressed through:
- Whole Person: Our emotional, spiritual and personal well-being matter to one another.
- Whole Organization: We are on one team with one mission. (We don’t do silos.)
Relationship, expressed through:
- Family: We love, celebrate, and pray with one another.
- Reconciliation: We manage conflict, practice vulnerability, and pursue diversity with honesty and grace.
**To apply, send your resume and brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please explain 1) your understanding of Door of Hope’s mission and faith-based nature and 2) why you are the perfect fit for this opening.**