Operations Assistant (Nonprofit) at Door of Hope
About the job
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of families facing homelessness? Are you searching for not just a job, but a calling? Door of Hope, a Christian nonprofit that serves families facing homelessness, is hiring an Operations Assistant to join us in our life-changing work.
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the Operations Assistant will play a significant role in Door of Hope’s operations, providing technical and administrative office support to the entire team.
- 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday, occasional overtime
- 100% in-person from Pasadena, CA
Bookkeeper – 40% of role
- Provide key support to streamline and maintain financial processes, and to accurately present financial information to the Board, donors and our leadership
- General Bookkeeping: record and post day-to-day financial transactions, bank reconciliations, and weekly reports; process accounts payables and check requests; assist with monthly financials, 1099s and other ad hoc projects
- Employee-Related Accounting: manage credit card reports and reconciliation, check requests, and reimbursements
- Grants: regularly produce supporting documentation for private and government grant applications, invoicing and reporting
- Annual Budgeting and Auditing: assist Accounting Manager with annual budgeting and auditing processes, liaise with budget managers
Human Resources Administrator – 40% of role
- Partner with the HR Manager to foster a warm and supportive company culture that embodies Door of Hope’s core values, encouraging employees to thrive
- Recruitment: support a streamlined recruitment process by posting jobs, sourcing and screening candidates, scheduling interviews, and keeping candidates updated throughout the process
- Employee Onboarding: create a welcoming environment for new hires by preparing workstations and welcome bags, scheduling orientations, and owning and utilizing HRIS workflows to create a seamless hiring process
- Employee Offboarding: schedule exit interviews, own and utilize workflows in HRIS
- HRIS/ATS (Rippling) Administrator: ensure we are fully utilizing system’s capabilities, manage data integrity, publish regular HR metrics
- Benefits Administration: own health insurance and 403(b) administration, partner in benefits education, research trends, aid in implementation of any new benefits/benefits brokers
- Compliance Administration: track mandatory trainings and signatures on policies/paperwork, assist with liability insurance renewal and audit
- Event Coordinator: partner with HR Manager to plan engaging all staff events that support a healthy team culture including Staff Development Days, Staff Retreat; own logistics for these events
- HR Media Coordinator: provide regular content to development team for social media
- HR Special Projects: manage other special projects
Office and IT Coordinator – 20% of role
- Create a welcoming, professional, and supportive environment at Door of Hope’s main office for staff and guests (including clients, donors, and Board members)
- Primary Receptionist: provide a warm greeting to guests, professionally respond to phone calls and emails, and process mail and packages
- General Office Support: keep our office running smoothly by maintaining an orderly office environment, keeping office supplies in stock, managing parking passes, and liaising with landlord regarding facilities issues
- General Troubleshooting: answer general staff and guest inquiries
- IT Support: respond to IT issues and requests, provide basic troubleshooting and coordinate with IT Contractor when issues need to be elevated, manage IT inventory
- A minimum of 2+ years in an administrative role
- Must be a detail-oriented, self-starter with proven organizational skills
- Must be a personable and professional communicator with excellent writing and speaking skills
- Must be a technologically savvy Mac and PC user not intimidated by technology; must be fluent in GSuite and Microsoft Office; experience with Accounting and HR software is a plus
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Must be able to bend, reach, and lift boxes and office supplies up to 30 lbs.
- Bilingual Spanish is a plus
Compensation & Benefits
Expected salary: $22-24/hour, depending on experience
Competitive benefits package including:
- Paid PTO: 12 sick days, 12 holidays, 10 vacation days (increases over tenure), 5 jury duty days, up to 5 bereavement days
- Health Insurance: we cover 100% of your premium on our Kaiser Gold HMO, Cigna Oscar Silver EPO, and Anthem Silver PPO B plans
- 403(b): 3% dollar-for-dollar match
Character (Do you embody Door of Hope’s four core values?)
Christ-centered, expressed through:
- Faith: We have an active and personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Calling: Out of a sense of calling, we go above and beyond to meet our mission.
- Character: We demonstrate the character of Christ toward colleagues and families.
Empowering, expressed through:
- Trust: We trust one another, believe in one another, and give each other the freedom to take risks. (Mistakes are learning opportunities.)
- Accountability: We nurture God-given strengths through coaching and accountability.
Holistic, expressed through:
- Whole Person: Our emotional, spiritual and personal well-being matter to one another.
- Whole Organization: We are on one team with one mission. (We don’t do silos.)
Relationship, expressed through:
- Family: We love, celebrate, and pray with one another.
- Reconciliation: We manage conflict, practice vulnerability, and pursue diversity with honesty and grace.