About the job
The Volunteer Coordinator plays an integral role on the Development Team, overseeing Door of Hope’s volunteer program, in-kind donor relationships and events. The Volunteer Coordinator reports to and works closely with the Director of Development, cultivating strong community relationships with Door of Hope’s strategic fundraising plan in mind. A savvy communicator with a customer-centered approach, you will be responsible for “championing” our work and you will become the face of Door of Hope with in-kind donors and volunteers. The candidate should be a relational, ministry-minded person with a heart for seeing lives changed—the lives of our families experiencing homelessness, but also the lives of those who give of their time and resources to them
- 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday; 9am – 5:30pm with some flexibility
- 1-day work from home/week
- Occasional weekends and evenings, as needed
Coordinate all volunteer projects:
- Act as primary point of contact for volunteers and in-kind donors
- Act as liaison between programs/facility staff and volunteers
- Develop and execute volunteer training.
- Manage all logistical and administrative details of volunteer projects; manage email inboxes daily, answer phone inquiries and execute requests
- Create and provide content 1-2x/week to Marketing Associate to recognize volunteers and in-kind donors
- Recruit and maintain an alumni volunteer network for Door of Hope that includes individuals willing to share their stories, write letters/notes to special donor events, etc.
Cultivating volunteers as donors:
- Maintain Salesforce records for volunteers which includes entering volunteer hours, maintaining up to date lists or potential volunteers, creating and maintaining schedules for ongoing volunteers such as meal donors
- Consistently and promptly provide in-kind donation receipts and thank you letters
- Keep volunteers engaged through other cultivation events and contacts
- Create and execute volunteer appreciation activities.
- Cultivate new, strategic volunteer opportunities with community groups that have giving potential
- Champion crowdfunding and assist with digital fundraising efforts across multiple platforms
- Serve as the project manager for all donor events; maintain timeline, track progress, secure contractors, oversee volunteers, etc.
- Oversee backend needs of virtual events
General Development Team duties:
- Assist with PR & Marketing efforts (e.g., social media) as needed
- Represent Door of Hope at community events as needed
Perform any other task necessary to support the mission of Door of Hope
- 1-3 years of experience working with volunteers or supporting a development team, preferred
- Experience in a donor support role that includes direct donor contact (phone, email, in person)
- Exceptionally well-organized and detail-oriented
- “Can Do” attitude with a desire and willingness to learn new skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Self-motivated, takes initiative, able to think on feet, creative, able to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Computer Skills: fluency in GSuite (Docs, Sheets, Drive, etc), MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; experience with Salesforce or donor databases is a plus
Character (Do you embody Door of Hope’s four core values?)
Christ-centered, expressed through:
- Faith: We have an active and personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Calling: Out of a sense of calling, we go above and beyond to meet our mission.
- Character: We demonstrate the character of Christ toward colleagues and families.
Empowering, expressed through:
- Trust: We trust one another, believe in one another, and give each other the freedom to take risks. (Mistakes are learning opportunities.)
- Accountability: We nurture God-given strengths through coaching and accountability.
Holistic, expressed through:
- Whole Person: Our emotional, spiritual and personal well-being matter to one another.
- Whole Organization: We are on one team with one mission. (We don’t do silos.)
Relationship, expressed through:
- Family: We love, celebrate, and pray with one another.
- Reconciliation: We manage conflict, practice vulnerability, and pursue diversity with honesty and grace.
To apply, email your resume and brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, explain 1) your understanding of Door of Hope’s mission and our faith-based nature and 2) tell us why YOU are perfect for this role!