About the job
The Associate Director of Development plays an integral role on the Development Team, overseeing Door of Hope’s fundraising activities for institutional donors and a portfolio of individual donors, including prospecting, cultivating, engaging and submitting funding requests. This position reports to and works closely with the Director of Development. In the past few years, Door of Hope has nearly tripled its fundraising support from individuals and family foundations, and we are looking for a gifted, driven individual who can build on this growth and help take it to the next level. This person should be passionate about creatively sharing Door of Hope’s vision, expanding our reach and growing our individual donor program. The candidate should be a relational, ministry-minded person with a heart for seeing lives changed—the lives of our families experiencing homelessness, but also the lives of those who give of their time and resources to them.
- 40 hours/week, occasional overtime
- 1-day work from home/week
- Occasional evenings and weekends especially during the holidays, as needed
Create and execute fundraising strategy for institutional partners
- Manage all fundraising activities for churches, organizations and corporations; Important to note that this will include some writing of proposals and reports to funders
- Cultivate individuals within institutions as potential individual donors
- Host Door of Hope table at church events or other institutional events
- May be asked to speak on behalf of Door of Hope to introduce mission to institutional partners
- Create and execute strategy to increase sponsorships at annual benefit
Manage a portfolio of mid-level donors (approximately 150 relationships)
- Foster effective relationships with individual donors through regular email, invitations, phone calls, face-to-face meeting, and written reports
- Conduct prospect research for individuals with major donor portfolio potential
General Development Team duties:
- Work closely with Volunteer Coordinator in conjunction with outreach to churches.
- Solicit table captains at annual fall benefit
- Assist with events, as needed
- Supervising Volunteer Coordinator, in absence of the Director of Development.
Perform any other task necessary to support the mission of Door of Hope
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant non-profit development experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational skills
- Relational savvy and passion for building relationships
- Creative self-starter with growth and learning mindset
- Computer Skills: fluency in GSuite (Docs, Sheets, Drive, etc), MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; experience with Salesforce or donor databases is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree required or equivalent experience
Character (Do you embody Door of Hope’s four core values?)
Christ-centered, expressed through:
- Faith: We have an active and personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Calling: Out of a sense of calling, we go above and beyond to meet our mission.
- Character: We demonstrate the character of Christ toward colleagues and families.
Empowering, expressed through:
- Trust: We trust one another, believe in one another, and give each other the freedom to take risks. (Mistakes are learning opportunities.)
- Accountability: We nurture God-given strengths through coaching and accountability
Holistic, expressed through:
- Whole Person: Our emotional, spiritual and personal well-being matter to one another.
- Whole Organization: We are on one team with one mission. (We don’t do silos.)
Relationship, expressed through:
- Family: We love, celebrate, and pray with one another.
- Reconciliation: We manage conflict, practice vulnerability, and pursue diversity with honesty and grace.
To apply, email your resume and brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, explain 1) your understanding of Door of Hope’s mission and our faith-based nature and 2) tell us why YOU are perfect for this role!